Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 1x08 "Time" **SPOILERS** [The Real Thread]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

jor el wrote: »
    Main characters die. *RESET* Everybody alive again. Confessions of love, character development, all meaningless. No plot development, nothing new, filler.

It's not meaningless - it shows you what these people are capable of. It is character development in a way. We've also learnt (?) that the Destiny can detect a disease on board and take action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Loved it to bits, my favorite SG-U episode so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

herya wrote: »
    It's not meaningless - it shows you what these people are capable of. It is character development in a way. We've also learnt (?) that the Destiny can detect a disease on board and take action.
    I would not at all be surprised if Life Support was able to check the water supply for contaminants.

Most of Destiny's systems are still locked out and running autonomously. So yes, its a good argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jhegarty wrote: »
    But some of the character development was not reset as they still got to see the two recordings.

But once the 2nd Kino goes back, which is what was about to happen at the end of that episode, everything that happened in that episode will be lost in the next loop. None of the characters will die, and none of the developments will actually be developments, except for us. The characters can build on it, because it will never happen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

jor el wrote: »
    But once the 2nd Kino goes back, which is what was about to happen at the end of that episode, everything that happened in that episode will be lost in the next loop. None of the characters will die, and none of the developments will actually be developments, except for us. The characters can build on it, because it will never happen to them.

All the kinos from each subsequent loop were found so nothing on the planet was lost only the things said aboard destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Malty_T wrote: »
    All the kinos from each subsequent loop were found so nothing on the planet was lost only the things said aboard destiny.

There's only been 1 loop, and 1 kino found, which was brought back to destiny. That kino was full. A 2nd kino was about to be sent at the end of this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

ok this episode was great and all but it confused the shoite out of me...
    so did chloe ACTUALLY die from the disease? or was it one of those crazy time loop thingamajigs that didnt happen but kinda did somewhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Really enjoyed the episode.

Reset didn't bother me. Action was great and i'm a big fan of time stories too.

Was sure it was going to be a 2 parter due to the ending but I'm happy that it ended that way after reflecting on it a little bit.

Advertisement