Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you offer for this house?

Options
  • 14-11-2009 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hiya,

following ellejay thread earlier on, have similar question.
    Looking to buy a house in Swords, FTB, have no idea how much to offer in the first place, but would recon somewhere round 200k for a start (on all of them) am happy to get a place that needs some work but know that goes with further financial input, hesitate however to brake the 200 figure and offer 190, that would be a heavy hit wouldnt?

any comments/advise much appreciated

www.daft.ie/1470385
    www.daft.ie/1280291
    www.daft.ie/1455343

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Unless you are in a hurry to buy now, I'd go lower than that. You can always raise your offer, you can't lower it.

Personally, I wouldn't rush into anything at least until after the Dec budget. The penny just might drop with certain sellers that things are only going from bad to worse, and they may be more realistic about offers they receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

wouldn't be in any hurry to buy for 6-12 months. They have a long long way to go yet. Heard on radio today that prices in Ireland ar 4 to 5 times higher than in France, and I'd agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I wouldn't worry too much about the drop in the asking price.

i've learned a lot of asking price's are way over the top, hence so many home owners in neg eq.
    you can always increase your bid but very hard to go down.
    if you have your mortgage approval, it gives you better bargaining tool, so you could go in with low offer and say you want to be in by c'mas.
    they'll know you're serious, and if there's any chance of the seller dropping the price they'll do it with that carrott dangling.

some sellers just won't drop the price though and that's that. If that's the case, just forget that particular house and move on.

-have to say though, i'd wait at least six months, asking prices are dropping all the time.
    i hope in new year we'll see more price drops as sellers are dreading the thoughts of another year of viewings and an unsold property. they might wake up realise their expectaions are too high.

on a side note, i should mention the house i was interested in is pulled from market.
    but similiar if not better houses(ie modernised and larger in size) in same estate are now asking 260k.
    i thank god every day i didn't buy that house at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Do people really think that some of these houses would sell for 70k less than asking price??. Seems like such a huge drop for sellers from the asking price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

brigadear wrote: »
    Do people really think that some of these houses would sell for 70k less than asking price??. Seems like such a huge drop for sellers from the asking price.

They would if a buyer is only willing to pay that much and sees no value in paying more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

if you don't ask you don't get!
    If you have mortgage approval, go low and see where you go!
    Its a buyers market, not for you to care or guess whether N-eq or circumstances will affect a sale!
    Money for nothing and your kicks for free..........

Advertisement