Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Hey all,

If any one is thinking of coming back or looking for a legion think about coming to Castor elyos side. In a legion called Exit, we got Ventrilo and do pvp/pve used to hold a fort till recently. 1.9 patch is coming out on Tuesday and then free expansion will be coming in probably about a months time.

Give me a shout in game, character name is Fallor though I play a few alts too. If you're thinking of starting a char on Castor give me a shout cause I will start an alt and level up with you.

Would be cool to get a bit of an irish contingent going.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I picked it up on Tuesday on a whim. It looks great - by far the prettiest MMO I've seen, but it's really really grindy. I'm only at level 10 and already it feels like every single quest is 'kill 10 of something' or 'collect 8 of something else'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Anyone still playing this? I thought I'd give it a try to fill in the gap until GW2 and SWTOR come out. Is it still a grind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Hmm, I quite at level 21 due to the realisation that the grind was taking pretty much the entirety of my gaming time when there are better games out there to be playing.

kyub wrote: »
    Hmm, I quite at level 21 due to the realisation that the grind was taking pretty much the entirety of my gaming time when there are better games out there to be playing.

But, I thought they fixed all that? http://www.tentonhammer.com/aion/features/editorials/a-second-look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Maybe they did, but I gave it more than enough of a chance and don't plan on going back tbh. There are bigger and better games than Aion coming out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's better but its still a grind after level 40.

kyub wrote: »
    There are bigger and better games than Aion coming out.

Yea I know, but I thought I might give this ago til then. I have tried Rift and LOTR. I got board with Rift and LOTR was terrible. GW2 is what I want to play but that's months away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I too am looking for something to fill the gap,i got a scroll of rezzurection to wow last week and got bored withing an hour.
    LOTRO is just a major bore to me,Rift i enjoyed for the free 30 days but my server population died off dramatically and i quit.
    Im now wondering if Aion is worth another look.
    Any offers going for past subscribers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

I have two toons and around lvl 45 a host of 30 somethings when I quit, got sick of the endless grinds and shítty drop rate! But more so the servers are totally dead, no population at all, making it impossible to get groups for instances unless your in a hardcore guild. For the casual player it sucks.

In saying that tho, there is a reactivation week with double drops and XP starting tomorrow so may log on again and have a look. Always good numbers online when it's free as well! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Never herd of it but judging from the out pour of "endless grind" quotes from other posters might steer clear of it.

dont really have the free time to invest to heavily in an grindfest atm.

Advertisement