Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Drunkin Dickheads

Options
  • 14-11-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

So I'm out with a few mates tonight having a few pints in an Irish bar we frequent.

I'm washing my hands after having a slash when a fella from Dublin starts accusing me of throwing bog roll over the cubicle in which he is having a slash.

He wont take my word for it that I didn't throw bog roll over the cubicle & decides to create a huge scene in the middle of the bar which creates much embarrassment on my behalf as I Know many of the people in the bar.

It gets to the point where I tell him to either funk off or take it outside & he backs down & disappears.

So me & my mates (who are well travelled) start discussing, what is it about Irish fella's in particular that we seem so insecure that we tend to start Drunkin fights for no particular reason. I've never had any sh!te to deal with on my travels from a person from another country but I have had 1 or 2 incidents with fellow Irish men.

So what's the story lads?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

I reckon it's all in the numbers.
    800 years,1 in 4 etc.
    We're just a bit messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Hephaestus wrote: »
    So I'm out with a few mates tonight having a few pints in an Irish bar we frequent.

I'm washing my hands after having a slash when a fella from Dublin starts accusing me of throwing bog roll over the cubicle in which he is having a slash.

He wont take my word for it that I didn't throw bog roll over the cubicle & decides to create a huge scene in the middle of the bar which creates much embarrassment on my behalf as I Know many of the people in the bar.

It gets to the point where I tell him to either funk off or take it outside & he backs down & disappears.

So me & my mates (who are well travelled) start discussing, what is it about Irish fella's in particular that we seem so insecure that we tend to start Drunkin fights for no particular reason. I've never had any ****e to deal with on my travels from a person from another country but I have had 1 or 2 incidents with fellow Irish men.

But are you guilty of said offence?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You shouldn't have thrown the bog roll......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Never really had any problems, in fact usually it's the opposite. Was happy to run into a group of lads from Tallaght when some big Swedish bummer was getting agro in the 5 story nightclub in Prague. They resolved the situation pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

you werent drunk enough to enjoy yourself so. the next time you and your mates ever have that coinversation have a double vodka afterwards, dont bother starting a thread on it, it hurts baby seals in the long run. they are fairly vital to our eco system. stop ruining our eco system. we only have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

He's clearly insecure if he was taking a slash in the cubicle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

big_show wrote: »

Also ,temporarily insecure if he had been in taking a line of something...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I find the Irish are more likely to resolve it. Calm down and see it as a joke, laugh it off.

Were, say the English are more notable for escalating the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Sitec wrote: »
    you werent drunk enough to enjoy yourself so. the next time you and your mates ever have that coinversation have a double vodka afterwards, dont bother starting a thread on it, it hurts baby seals in the long run. they are fairly vital to our eco system. stop ruining our eco system. we only have one.

What do seals have to do with drunken arguing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

big_show wrote: »

Yeah, what the hell is with lads who, even if a whole row of urinals are free, still go into the cubicle and loudly lock the door behind em. I have a friend who always does this. He did grow up with 6 sisters and no brothers. I think hes fúckin scarred!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

f1dan wrote: »
    what does drunken arguing have to do with seals is the question you should be asking yourselfs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

So me & my mates (who are well travelled)

Knackers?.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jogoeire

So you asked the guy to fight and he said no? The thug!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Its all a macho bravado bull**** culture we have - to be honest I blame drink, mankinds great poison (Though a lovely poison it is too) We're not alone though. Get back to me if ever you are unfortunate enough to get into a confrontation in a London pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well travelled but still in the wrong place at the wrong time..

moral of the story - stay at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Avoid Irish bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Drunk Irish Dickheads

NEWSFLASH: DRINK MAKES PEOPLE TOTAL ASSHOLES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

Never ever blame the drink. I love drink, come 4 o'Clock today and I will be in the pub, and by 7 I will be throwing bog rolls over cubicle doors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

So me & my mates (who are well travelled) start discussing, what is it about Irish fella's in particular that we seem so insecure that we tend to start Drunkin fights for no particular reason. I've never had any sh!te to deal with on my travels from a person from another country but I have had 1 or 2 incidents with fellow Irish men.

So you're well travelled and have only had 1 or 2 incidents yet you come out with:
    what is it about Irish fella's in particular that we seem so insecure that we tend to start Drunkin fights for no particular reason.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Its not drnks fault! The guy was probably an asshole to begin with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

f1dan wrote: »

A baby seal walks into a club...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

loobylou wrote: »
    A baby seal walks into a club...

......Baby seals cant walk..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

......Baby seals cant walk..:cool:

Rolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Drunk Irish Dickheads

NEWSFLASH: DRINK MAKES SOME PEOPLE TOTAL ASSHOLES
    FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Then she comes up and accuses me of stealing her purse, then I start hitting her with this purse I found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭gerry28

Agricola wrote: »
    Yeah, what the hell is with lads who, even if a whole row of urinals are free, still go into the cubicle and loudly lock the door behind em. I have a friend who always does this. He did grow up with 6 sisters and no brothers. I think hes fúckin scarred!

I was in a pub toilet last saturday night at the urinals when this gulpin came in... stood up at the urinal flung open the belt, loud fart, loud burp, big sigh, takin up far too much space and then started slashing perpendicular to the metal urinal.

Piss splashed back of the urinal on to my trousers :mad: - whats with this big extra macho show.

All this macho, i'm not insecure rubbish you see from time to time in mens toilets.

Cubicle is a much better idea if you don't want to stink of someone elses urine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

I would use the cubicle myself if it was free, urinals can be a bit manky, also it comes down to the shake or whipe debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Some clown threw bog roll over a cubicle at him. He was pished.....and picked on the nearest option. I can see why he was annoyed.

Irish people drink a lot, thats the problem. Also, we tend not to take crap from anyone.

Also, being well traveled does not give anyone a better understanding of anything, apart from airports.
    Also, and this really pisses me off about all these "well traveled people".
    What the fcuk were you doing in an Irish bar.
    If drunk Irish people annoy you so much when abroad, I would think avoiding Irish Bars is the first thing you well traveled people should do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

So you were ready to start a fight with him over a simple misunderstanding, but HE is the drunken dickhead?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

You must not be that well traveled if Irish lads are topping the list for people starting fights. Never come across israeli's or english lads no?

Advertisement