Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Drunkin Dickheads

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jogoeire wrote: »
    So you asked the guy to fight and he said no? The thug!

OP your the person in the bar who asked him to have a fight and yet your complaining about him?
    Very confusing stuff this is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

......Baby seals cant walk..:cool:

Not after they meet my club anyway!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Cabaal wrote: »
    OP your the person in the bar who asked him to have a fight and yet your complaining about him?

Well like, he was being unreasonably heckled by the guy from the bathroom across the floor back to his mates. The drunken buffoon would not listen to his explanation so to shake this parasite off what other option is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Why is it every night without fail ,in the mens toilets there is always some asshole who comes in and says

"So? is this where were all the big knobs hang out?":confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Why is it every night without fail ,in the mens toilets there is always some asshole who comes in and says

"So? is this where were all the big knobs hang out?":confused:

because it get's funnier everytime:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Northern Europeans are all f**kin nutjobs with drink. Fact. Genetics and the long winters.
    Irish, English, Scandinavians, Germans, Dutch. We're all the same lads. Swedes I've noticed in particular when I was there, all ages, just go insane with drink.

Italy, Spain, Portugal and France just dont seem to have the same drinking mentality as we do. Much more civilised, although the pubs are boring:D

So did you throw the bog roll or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Well like, he was being unreasonably heckled by the guy from the bathroom across the floor back to his mates. The drunken buffoon would not listen to his explanation so to shake this parasite off what other option is there?

He could have tried, I dunno, not trying to start a fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cabaal wrote: »

Only thing confusing to me is why people are twisting the OP's words.

There was a threat that this little incident was going to elevate itself to a brawl in the toilet, the OP obviously felt this threat and offered to take things outside - good call IMO.

Well done OP, I'd have taken the same course of action myself in the hope that it defuses the situation, this time your bluff worked. Good call again.

As regards Irish people being dickheads when drunk, in my experience that goes across the board and know's no boundaries or borders.

But if I was to put it down to experience I'd say sharing first spot for trouble, drunk or sober are the Spanish or Italians.

Followed closely (in recent years) by Russians, Poles, Lithuanians etc - if you get trouble from these its gonna be serious (the Spanish & Italians are saps by comparision).

Way down the league would be the English & Irish, and in over 15yrs doing door work I can't remember one incident with an American.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The general discourse that reverberates from the drunken Gallic individual personifies the undercurrent lack of present day external moralistic action mechanism's that is conducive to the mental well-being of the said agreevied mortal.
    With such an absence to bring forth and exhaust one naturalist awarded ability and possible aggressive tendencies, the onset of the application of destructive intoxication is further conducive to the ill timed and probably inappropriate natural action to wrongly seen confrontation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Over analysis can lead to paralysis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Biggins wrote: »
    The general discourse that reverberates from the drunken Gallic individual personifies the undercurrent lack of present day external moralistic action mechanism's that is conducive to the mental well-being of the said agreevied mortal.
    With such an absence to bring forth and exhaust one naturalist awarded ability and possible aggressive tendencies, the onset of the application of destructive intoxication is further conducive to the ill timed and probably inappropriate natural action to wrongly seen confrontation.

Oh my dyslexia, it hurts :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

To be honest I'd prefer a punch to reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Well done OP, I'd have taken the same course of action myself in the hope that it defuses the situation, this time your bluff worked

I don't know!! I am fairly well traveled, but unlike the OP I don't usually go to Irish bars. In a different country, different laws, different cops, dodgy hospitals, different cultures. You just don't know what's going to happen. Some of the places I have been, you just don't want to end up in prison or hospital or paying massive bribes. Happened to a guy I met in Na Trang over a row in a pub. I tend to avoid all confrontation, keep the head down, get out of the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Love the generalisation OP.

As a barman of many years in several Irish owned and operated pubs/bars and taverns in Chicago, I have found that there as many 'Irish' drunken dickheads as any other nationality, including American, Canadian, Polish, Irish, Mexican etc........

You tend to see the 'pack mentality' more than anything else with the said 'dickheads'. Very rarely will you see the 'lone wolf' dickhead' unless he there is something else going on beneath the surface.

Some people just know when they could use a good ass whoopin' and they tend to go out and look for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

In future, tidy up after yourself when you use a public toilet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Oh my dyslexia, it hurts :o
    mikom wrote: »
    To be honest I'd prefer a punch to reading that.

:pac:
    ...but can ye not agree to look and see that the notion that a current lack of aggressive outlets and inducive movements can lead to a negative outcome?
    The proposition that as early man was pre-existing as the hunter/gatherer and even based at genetic level, that part aggressive pre-condition might still be present and need external outlets in the present day?
    Further more, it might be advantageous to assume this could be a primordial reason for many actions of Cro-magnon man and his further offspring, to bring about the advance of warring tendencies and the indulgency to exhaust such abilities?

Just wondering, its just a simple thought? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

...but can ye not agree to look and see that the notion that a current lack of aggressive outlets and inducive movements can lead to a negative outcome?
    The proposition that as early man was pre-existing as the hunter/gatherer and even based at genetic level, that part aggressive pre-condition might still be present and need external outlets in the present day?
    Further more, it might be advantageous to assume this could be a primordial reason for many actions of Cro-magnon man and his further offspring, to bring about the advance of warring tendencies and the indulgency to exhaust such abilities?

I would agree with the sentiment of your post esp. in terms of the '8 circuit theory of human consciousness' as devised by Timothy Leary and best expounded upon by Robert Anton Wilson in 'Prometheus Rising'.
    This type of behaviour falls in with the 2nd circuit ,the 'anal-emotional-territorial circuit',part of our primitive evolution,which we develop as toddlers and a trigger for which is alcohol.

A brief,if simplistic, synopsis of the 2nd circuit http://theuniverseas.com/emotional-territorial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

wudangclan wrote: »
    I reckon it's all in the numbers.
    800 years,1 in 4 etc.
    We're just a bit messed up.
    I agree, It was the disturbing repressed seething anger at our historically oppressed nation. Four fifths of a millenium of stiffled education, freedom of choice or will and attempted stunted mass emotional growth. And the notion of 1 in 4 that caused the OP to launch a roll of arse wipe over a partition at a fellow countryman. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

I agree, It was the disturbing repressed seething anger at our historically oppressed nation. Four fifths of a millenium of stiffled education, freedom of choice or will and attempted stunted mass emotional growth. And the notion of 1 in 4 that caused the OP to launch a roll of arse wipe over a partition at a fellow countryman. :rolleyes:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Biggins, I hear ya....... it's just the phrasing.
    The type of phrasing which if used in a pub can cause you to get battered.
    Have you ever seen Withnail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

"I'll murder the pair of ye's!" Would of went down well in this situation, Withnail and I solves everything.... now pass me that deep heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Look horse, throwing a bog roll over the cube door when someone was taking a piss is ghey man.

If you want to annoy some gimp in the cube and you are a bit "toasted" yourself all you do is bring in your glass, take a piss in it and hammer it off the ceiling over the cube door.

Out and halfway through your next drink before the "cubee" recovers..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Mask wrote: »
    I find the Irish are more likely to resolve it. Calm down and see it as a joke, laugh it off.

Were, say the English are more notable for escalating the situation.

Better than the Germans, they'd start a war over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Palmerstown_guy

Used or un-used is my question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysusjones

Denerick wrote: »
    Its all a macho bravado bull**** culture we have - to be honest I blame drink, mankinds great poison (Though a lovely poison it is too) We're not alone though. Get back to me if ever you are unfortunate enough to get into a confrontation in a London pub.

HEY HEY HEY, Leave the drink out of this! The drink isn't to blame here.

Maybe he has a fear of paper. (Bless his skanger socks)In fact, Megan Fox just came out as sufferer of Papyrophobia.

Tut tut, and you exasperated the situation?! Shame on You OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Sofaspud wrote: »
    He could have tried, I dunno, not trying to start a fight?

That's right, you don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

This sort of stuff doesn't happen ANYWHERE else in the world. Only Ireland, in that pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

kippy wrote: »
    Some clown threw bog roll over a cubicle at him. He was pished.....and picked on the nearest option. I can see why he was annoyed.

Irish people drink a lot, thats the problem. Also, we tend not to take crap from anyone.

Also, being well traveled does not give anyone a better understanding of anything, apart from airports.
    Also, and this really pisses me off about all these "well traveled people".
    What the fcuk were you doing in an Irish bar.
    If drunk Irish people annoy you so much when abroad, I would think avoiding Irish Bars is the first thing you well traveled people should do.

We don't? So... the past 800 years were just made up? I see...

You got a problem with the Irish OP, yet YOU were the one that suggested a fight. I can see who the real problem is here...

Fcuking Americans... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Only thing confusing to me is why people are twisting the OP's words.

There was a threat that this little incident was going to elevate itself to a brawl in the toilet, the OP obviously felt this threat and offered to take things outside - good call IMO.

Well done OP, I'd have taken the same course of action myself in the hope that it defuses the situation, this time your bluff worked. Good call again.

Wtf??:eek:

The appropriate thing to do when some drunk idiot is accusing of something you didnt do in a pub is to offer to "take it outside"..?!:confused:

Why not just walk away or ignore him or tell the barman or the pub security .......? Pehaps if the guy is pushing ans shoving you and will not go away despite numerous requests and if the barmen/security are ignoring ot, perhaps then "taking it outside" may be the option of last resort, but as one of the first methods of conflict resolution......eh.....no.

What an incredibly immmature attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

The seals with ears are also referred to as ‘walking seals’ and include the fur seals and the gorgeous sea lions. The walking seals can move on all fours on land and are social animals that put their rear flippers to optimized use, while covering terrestrial habitats. The larger fore-flippers enable maneuverability expertise in water, but it is their dog-like snouts that make them distinctly different from their cousins the true seals. While sea lions are generally larger than fur seals, recent genetic evidence highlights the close relationship between the two.

Advertisement