Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 360 Samsung

• 14-11-2009 11:47am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭

Who has one? What do you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can someone explain this to me. Is it a java interface that sits on top of a regular phone, a new operating system or just a new web shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

i believe that it is a new operating system. Used the H1 yesterday. I won't be swapping my n97 for one but there is some nice touches - particularly like how widgets are handled. The maps software was is pretty meh though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Can someone explain this to me. Is it a java interface that sits on top of a regular phone, a new operating system or just a new web shop?

It's LiMo - linux mobile developed by the LiMo foundation with a UI slapped on by Voda/Samsung.

Though it can install java apps, there are currently not many LiMo apps. Though they are getting an appstore. In January there'll be an ereader, with eBooks downloadable straight to your phone etc etc...

It's a speedy os/ui from what I've seen, but personally I found it a bit confusing and colourful. I didn't check though how far that can be personlised with themes or anything like that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ok. Been getting used to the phone now. Anybody know where I can start downloading Apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

beertons wrote: »
    Ok. Been getting used to the phone now. Anybody know where I can start downloading Apps?

It thought in the 'talk to vodafone' forum here on boards some said there was a link to an 'appstore' on the phone?!?! I'm not on my pc right now. But it's in the 'Biz' section, under 'talk to...' you'll find Vodafone. There's a H1/360 thread.

Maybe if you go to vodafone from the phone's browser and click on 'apps', they list H1 apps???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Could someone with this phone go to this link http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ and post up what the user agent is Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Kenny here is whatsmyuseragent.com displayed.....

SAMSUNG-GT-I8320-Vodafone/I8320BUIJ8 Linux/X2/R1 Opera/9.6
    SMS-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC- 1.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TomFahy

beertons wrote: »
    Who has one? What do you think of it?
    YA... Nice phone. It may be reduced price to Vodafone tomorrow...........
    Was in the shop today looking to upgrade
    I'm between it and the B'Berry 9700..... Any comments

i believe that it is a new operating system. Used the H1 yesterday. I won't be swapping my n97 for one but there is some nice touches - particularly like how widgets are handled. The maps software was is pretty meh though.

The N97 ok then........ I'm loosing confidence in Nokia and am looking at moving from my N95 8Gb now

Bluefoam wrote: »

I understand its like a new server with space for your data if that makes sence?/

• Advertisement
Advertisement