Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afterschool care

Options
  • 14-11-2009 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi!
    I was just looking for a rough idea of the cost of after school care for kids in the age group 5 - 10.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

expectant wrote: »
    Hi!
    I was just looking for a rough idea of the cost of after school care for kids in the age group 5 - 10.
    Thanks.

It depends on where you live and how many you have in afterschool. I have 2 children in afterschool just outside of Dublin, and it costs €6 per hour which works out at €15 each per day - but because I have two the weekly total is reduced to €80 for 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

I was quoted €20 per hour for 2 children aged 6 and 8. Which works out at €10 per child per hour. Which I thought was reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,362 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

At my son's school its €18 for the afternoon, from one to anytime until 6pm and I believe they are even given dinner if staying for the full afternoon

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I pay €15 per day from 2 to 6, incl dinner.

I'm in a large county town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Twodogs wrote: »
    I was quoted €20 per hour for 2 children aged 6 and 8. Which works out at €10 per child per hour. Which I thought was reasonable.
    I don't think so! Is that Dublin rates?

• Advertisement
Advertisement