Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Street Paving, Bollards and Seating getting replaced?

Options
  • 14-11-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there was any plans to do any thing to the High st, Kierans St and Parlament St paving because now the parade is finished presumably there is somebody looking where to stick the next stainless steel bollard and right price tiles (and a reappearance of that chinese granite that fits in so amazingly well with the limestone kerbs, buildings, door surrounds, castle, steps, gate piers and of course the polished concrete slabs that are not slippy at all, honestly). Anyone know anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think High St. and Kieran St. are fine, where could do with a replacement is James St, the last time I cycled down it, I thought I was about to go over the bars.

P.S. Like the name, very KK.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

They spent so long working on the parade, and now it doesnt even look that well. The toilets are a disgrace already and the paving doesnt fit together at the bit where the taxi rank used to be. Its another big expensive mess!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

It's not perfect but it's better than what it was.

Certainly no worse than what was done with Eyre Square in Galway. It mightn't be what it could have been with a bit more foresight but it's better than the car park it was. And hopefully the various amendments will be made to it over the next year to improve it.

The grand opening is tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see how it looks in the context of a big occasion.

Tomorrow? Do you know what time? Ill head down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Obviously High street isn't in great shape as the work was carried out years ago, but I don't think it should be done again, you just couldn't justify the cost.

What I don't understand is why the same style wasn't applied to John street and the parade? I saw the parade for the first time the other day, and think it looks awful. I would like John street to be re-paved, and Kieran street finished also, but only in the same style.

zootroid wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why the same style wasn't applied to John street and the parade? I saw the parade for the first time the other day, and think it looks awful. I would like John street to be re-paved, and Kieran street finished also, but only in the same style.

I know what you mean everytime they do a new scheme they choose a new style also the Kilkenny Limestone on High st and Parlament st looks good esp. as it starts to wear down it looks suitable for the city.

Advertisement