Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tubeless wheelbarrow tyres

Options
  • 14-11-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

I am trying to persist with the tubeless tyre this barrow came with (I know I can just replace it with a tyre with an inner tube).
    It only holds the pressure for so long (a week at most) and when the barrow goes over a bump it deflates a small little bit or completely.

So is there a way to seal the rim to prevent this?

And any idea why it was considered a good idea to sell tubeless tyres with wheelbarrows in the first place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

is the rim dented in anyway ? and if its plastic is there a crack in it.?

Maybe that tire weld stuff you can get for car tires would do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

geordief wrote: »
    So is there a way to seal the rim to prevent this?

Evo-stik Serious Stuff Wet Grab

You can find it in B&Q.

http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/serious-stuff-wet-grab
    And any idea why it was considered a good idea to sell tubeless tyres with wheelbarrows in the first place?

Saves the manufacturer some money I would guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

Martron wrote: »
    is the rim dented in anyway ? and if its plastic is there a crack in it.?
    QUOTE]

No I don't think it is damaged .It just seems to be inherently leaky and unsuitable in the first place.
    I think I will try one of those sealants on the rim -rubber cement or that Evo-stik Serious Stuff Wet Grab as I like the idea of tubeless and lets hope it will last for a decent length of time....

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

cnocbui wrote: »
    Evo-stik Serious Stuff Wet Grab

You can find it in B&Q.

http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/serious-stuff-wet-grab

thanks

Advertisement