Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shít coming through the letterbox

Options
  • 14-11-2009 3:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Its getting ridiculous now.
    I woke up yesterday morning and went downstairs about 10am, there were 6 different leaflets on the floor. I'd only gone to bed at half 3 so in 6 and half hours, 6 cúnts were at my door. I dont want to give clothes to charity, i dont care about your takeaway menu or politicians and i dont want your fúcking free papers. I dont have a fire to burn this rubbish so it has to go in the recycling bag.
    I'm in Westbury and its happening every fúcking night. The OH's family live on Edward St and get none of this.

Is there anything that can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Getting a lot of it up on SCR too, had about 7 different leaflets yesterday morning, and like you no fire to burn it in, i don't mind the take away menus because you can never have enough of those, it's the charity bags, and everything else that pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

It is hardly a major issue in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

john_cappa wrote: »
    It is hardly a major issue in fairness

Having six different strangers at your door between the hours of 3.30 am and 9.30 am would be seen by many as a major issue tbh. A lot of these leaflets are literally just sh1t, as in there are scum going around with these as an excuse to suss out properties etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Tannylan

"Shít coming through the letterbox"
    Buy a nappy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Wait, this thread isn't about faeces??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

such a misleading thread title...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Step 1:
    Put up a big sign saying "Letter box has 240v running through it between 8pm and 8am"

Step 2:
    Set up something on a timer that actually does that.

Step 3:
    Video the results and upload to youtube

What I actually do:
    Take away menus - if it's a food I'll eat I store them in a folder. Otherwise they go to recycling.

Charity donation plastic bags - if it's a "known" charity I'll leave the plastic bags back outside for them. If I think the charity is suss, hooray, free bin bags.

Other junkmail (including the scabby people who want clothes but won't give you a bag) is often only printed on one side, so I leave them face down beside the phone (punch a hole and put a bankers tag through for neatness if you want) and use them for shopping lists, phone messages, doodling etc. Saves me buying notebooks/scribble pads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

Melion wrote: »
    Its getting ridiculous now.
    I woke up yesterday morning and went downstairs about 10am, there were 6 different leaflets on the floor. I'd only gone to bed at half 3 so in 6 and half hours, 6 cúnts were at my door. I dont want to give clothes to charity, i dont care about your takeaway menu or politicians and i dont want your fúcking free papers. I dont have a fire to burn this rubbish so it has to go in the recycling bag.
    I'm in Westbury and its happening every fúcking night. The OH's family live on Edward St and get none of this.

Is there anything that can be done?

Same here in Mayo, I get a cloths collection sticker every 2 days, and leaflets of every kind every day. big waste of money in my opinion, it all goes into the bin straight away.

What I really hate at the door to door sales people, people with clipboards I never open the door to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Get a new door. One that doesn't have a letterbox.

Move to an area that doesn't have take aways etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

put a sign up saying no free stuff. works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

usally hit here about 8am, see them posting them through the doors on the way to work, whats worse is some of them leave part of the flyer exposed so it can be seen jutting out of the letter box from the outside

but of an invite for robbers

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,311 ✭✭✭✭phog

Melion wrote: »
    ......I'm in Westbury and its happening every fúcking night. The OH's family live on Edward St and get none of this.

Is there anything that can be done
    ?

Move to Edward St????????

Seriously though, sometimes I gather up all the leaflets and post them back without a stamp to the company advertising on the leaflets, let them pick up the postage costs.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

If they put anything in with an address wipe your arse with it and post it back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Thoie wrote: »
    What I actually do:
    Take away menus - if it's a food I'll eat I store them in a folder. Otherwise they go to recycling.

Charity donation plastic bags - if it's a "known" charity I'll leave the plastic bags back outside for them. If I think the charity is suss, hooray, free bin bags.

Other junkmail (including the scabby people who want clothes but won't give you a bag) is often only printed on one side, so I leave them face down beside the phone (punch a hole and put a bankers tag through for neatness if you want) and use them for shopping lists, phone messages, doodling etc. Saves me buying notebooks/scribble pads.
    very thrifty indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Last year I was cheesed of with those clothes collectors so I gathered three bags of dry moss I raked off my lawn, and stuck the cloths labels onto the bags and left them outside the gate.
    I watched from upstairs and I got the greatest of pleasure when the van arrived and a skinny young lad slung the bags of moss into his van and drove back.

I have a few more bags of cuttings ready.

I asked these miserable people not to put stickers in my letter-box but it made no difference. Petty oppertunistic criminals, most of them.
    The mobile phone numbers on the labels are never answered so I suspect they are all bogus collectors, selling on their collection in Eastern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Get a load of this last week I got an ad in the door for
    Roys Garening (as opposed to Roy's Gardening) I can't remember the name so I Will just say Roy.He went on to say all customers wellcome to enquire about prices.I'm like what a gobsh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

This bugged me before so i just printed out a sticker that said "NO JUNK MAIL" and stuck it on the letterbox.. worked a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭_Kooli_

tippman1 wrote: »
    Last year I was cheesed of with those clothes collectors so I gathered three bags of dry moss I raked off my lawn, and stuck the cloths labels onto the bags and left them outside the gate.
    I watched from upstairs and I got the greatest of pleasure when the van arrived and a skinny young lad slung the bags of moss into his van and drove back.

I have a few more bags of cuttings ready.

I asked these miserable people not to put stickers in my letter-box but it made no difference. Petty oppertunistic criminals, most of them.
    The mobile phone numbers on the labels are never answered so I suspect they are all bogus collectors, selling on their collection in Eastern Europe.

Brilliant idea. I cant wait to get those bags in the letterbox again now :)

Advertisement