Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I put the Cisco EPC2425 into bridge mode

• 14-11-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently moved to UPC Internet, and they gave me a Cisco EPC2425 modem. I want use that as a modem only and use my own router ... basically put the Cisco EPC2425 into bridge mode. I don't need it's DHCP server, wifi router etc.

I have the setup username and password, but I can't figure out how to enable the bridge mode.

I've search the forums, several people mention bridge mode but don't mention how to enable it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

wireless settings , can you log in as Username: blank Password: blank or Username: admin
    Password: W2402 by any chance ??

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭unnamed

Thanks,

I can log in as admin.

I presumed Wireless --> Bridging is for joining two wireless networks together (WDS), not for turning the modem into a bridge-only modem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

WDS Repeating maybe if that is available . WDS Bridging is ad hoc mode to connect to another AP only.

You may have to set accesslevel to 2 or even 3 to see everything , see.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58712717

and if a setting does not work set it back , mmm'kay and have an ethernet cable ready in case you cannot connect wirelessly at all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 endaoneill

I don't know if it's changed since you tried it but UPC replaced my modem recently with the EPC2425 and it was a cinch to put it into bridge mode.

Before you do it you may want to go to the wireless settings and disable wifi as I couldn't find a way to access the setup page afterwards. If you do that be sure you're connected with a network cable so you can then do the following:

Go to :-

Setup - Basic Settings - Gateway Mode

Select Bridge and restart the modem and your router. I have a Linksys WRT54G and it worked first time when I did it. :D

Hope that helps!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

LOCKED. don't post in old threads!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement