Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airifx in Galway?

Options
  • 14-11-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hey, Just wondering does any know where I can get some Airifx in Galway? I already checked the new shop in Corbett Court and the prices are wayyyy hight. Any where else? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Hey, Just wondering does any know where I can get some Airifx in Galway? I already checked the new shop in Corbett Court and the prices are wayyyy hight. Any where else? Thanks!

Strangely enough I'm was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Think I'm gonna troll the internets, should work out much cheaper, even with shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭left_behind

there was a hobby shop above pet world in terryland. they had airfix. if its still there i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

new shop? as in model shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

the best models are in dublin, marks models. these kind of shops are a dying breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I Heard there's a model shop in corbitt court / Eyre Square Center that has opened for the Christmas. Selling Reville kits and dye cast at least as far as I know. Just waiting to get a moment to call in there myself for a looksie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

modelworld in the liosbaun ind est might be your best bet. Big stock of model cards, miniature gaming etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Smyths perhaps?

dazzday wrote: »
    modelworld in the liosbaun ind est might be your best bet. Big stock of model cards, miniature gaming etc

have never been. by any chance does it also have model soldiers. very hard to get these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

there was a hobby shop above pet world in terryland. they had airfix. if its still there i dont know

Nope, Petworld have taken over the upper floor there too.

I was thinking of getting my young lad some kits too recently, James May did a good programme on the BBC recently about Airfix, in the end he got a load of initially disinterested kids involved in a project to make a full scale WW2 Spitfire, looked great when it was finished.

More Airfix and less Xbox I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gone now and replaced by more Petworld, I think they were the same company, it was a lovely shop while it lasted, huge selection at okay prices, got a great bargain in there one day after it opened, a big HMS Victory and the required paints in one set for €30.

• Advertisement

POwells or the Four corners. used to do airfix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fluffs

Had a similar problem for a long time here - there simply is not a big enough market. Apart from the big store in Dublin (on O'Connell Bridge) there's no choice or value in Ireland for that kind of thing. So I get around the problem by buying online - if you don't have a credit card (or do't want to buy online with one) just get a 3V card (look up 3v.ie) and top it up with credit from one of their stockists (a few in Galway city and county) then buy online just like a Visa card but even safer because there's a limit to you credit. It works, its safe and I'd recommend it ... I get a lot of stuff from Netmerchants - they're a shade more expensive than other online stores BUT the delivery rates are very fair and you get yer goodies (by courier no less) within a day or two (since they're based in Northern Ireland). I'm in no way connected to any of the above but I'd recommend them to anyone in Ireland as it saves a wad of cash and gives a lot more choice and value than the stores here. All on for 'buying Irish' but not when you can't find what your looking for or the costs are prohibitive. Right - thats my ten cents worth....!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

dazzday wrote: »
    modelworld in the liosbaun ind est might be your best bet.

Is this not closed down last time i was up in galway last year some time I was looking for this place and someone had said it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Is this not closed down last time i was up in galway last year some time I was looking for this place and someone had said it was gone.

No, they just moved around the corner..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buck_Rodgers_

I have just posted one for sale in general fs In Adverts if your looking for one . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DirtRacer

Modelworld in Galway now have Revell and Airfix Kits, :)
    http://www.kpartsonline.com

21 Kilkerrin Park, Liosban Ind. Est.
    Galway, Ireland
    091 773 861

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

that site is very slow and pretty bland

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Witchy.ie

I use Netmerchants all the time now and I'm very happy with the service, prices aren't too bad and the delivery is very fast. Marks Models in Dublin is good (I can remember when it was called the Great Model Railway Co in the 70's but the range of stuff available online is so big that I buy most of my stuff on the net

Advertisement