Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pc connected to tv through hdmi, No Sound

• 14-11-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

hey, just got a new desktop pc with hdmi out, connected it to the tv and cant get any sound, tried changing all the settings and nothing works.
    The pc's sound plays through a audigy se soundblaster, so it only shows that as a playback device when connected to the tv.
    The graphics card i have is a Shapphire Radeon HD 4670 Ultimate.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Unless your mobo supports hdmi sound to gfx card, then all you will get is video Im afraid. Can you post the mobo/gfx combinationof your pc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Shapphire Radeon HD 4670 Ultimate will handle the HDMI graphics but it sounds (no pun intended) clearly like the sounds card is not up to the same spec'.
    Ideally you need a card that will allow you to attach an optical cable to a 5.1 surround sound system or a lower spec' card that will allow you to do similar by standard sound cables.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The 4670 should have a sound card built on to it (one of the big selling points for these cards). Go to control panel > sound. In there you'll see a few different devices. You need to set the correct device as the default device. In mine it's the "Digital audio (s/pdif)".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

thanks for the replies
    when i go into sound in the cotrol panel there are 2 playback devices, speakers and digital audio interface both with sb audigy underneathe.
    the speakers are set as the default but when you change it to the digital audio interface theres still no sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

EnterNow wrote: »
    Unless your mobo supports hdmi sound to gfx card, then all you will get is video Im afraid. Can you post the mobo/gfx combinationof your pc?

the mobo is an Asus P5L7T i tink, the pc is a Asus T2-PH2 barebone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I have a 4870HD and to to get sound through hdmi I had to download a HDA HDMI driver (don't have a link, sorry), then change the audio output device to HDA HDMI Out on the motherboard audio control panel (Realtek HD Audio Manager for me). I think you can do it through the Control Panel audio too. Hope this helps. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

There should be another in your playback devices when the hdmi is hooked up to the pc and the tv is displaying your desktop.
    It looks like you don't have the driver installed

Advertisement