Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help with WOW research

Options
  • 14-11-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

Wondering if anyone here can help me. I'm a journalist currently researching an article on internet cafes in Dublin. One aspect I'm exploring is gaming culture in internet cafes, and I've already spoken to a few gamers in different internet cafes around town. The impression I get is that WOW is by far the most popular game in gaming cafes.

I'm looking for two things.

Firstly, I'd really like to have a go at playing WOW as research for my article, I think it's the kind of game I'd enjoy and having a go is essential to me writing something decent, even though gaming will be just one aspect of the article. I understand you need to pay to play WOW properly, but I'm wondering if there's any way an experienced player could facilitate me somehow and give me a basic introduction to the game, for, say, an hour? It'd need to be in Dublin sometime during next week, doesn't need to be in an internet cafe. Will happily buy any kind soul who can help coffee, lunch, a pint or whatever.

Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone here games regularly in internet cafes in Dublin and might be willing to talk to me for my article about the game(s) you play (doesn't need to be WOW necessarily), what you love about it, why you play, the internet cafe you play in etc

If you think you can be of any help, please PM me or respond here. Even if you're just curious but unsure about helping, do get in touch and I can explain more details about the article then.

Thanks very much,

Lenny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Who you writing this article for if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Eyeball Tickler

No problem, but I'll PM you - don't know how much detail the ed would want me to give away on a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Eyeball Tickler

FYI, nobody who contacts me has to commit to putting their name in print.

Advertisement