Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gearóid Walsh Memorial 5-Aside, Sunday November 29th, 2009, Irishtown Stadium

• 14-11-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Gearoid Walsh Memorial 5-Aside Tournament

ebFace.jpg

Date: Sunday, November 29th, 2009
    Time: 11.30a.m.Location: Irishtown Stadium, Ringsend, Dublin 4. ([URL="http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?

ie=UTF8&t=h&source=embed&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103339827952728380604.000458e148af78459bfdb"]map here[/URL])

Entry:
    Team: €50
    Individual: €10

Team registration:

Though exact rules will be explained on the day, have a general 5-aside format in mind when selecting you team, i.e., someone who can play in goal and 6-8 outfield players to cover for injuries subs.

Payment
    1) A team representative logs in to their PayPal account
    2) Click "Send Money" in the header
    3) Enter the e-mail address gearoidwalshtournament@gmail.com
    4) Enter €50 in the amount field
    5) Confirm your payment

Registration
    1) Copy and paste the following form into an email.
    Team Name:
    Entered by (Team representative):
    Representative Mobile Phone:
    Representative Email:
    Paid via PayPal (Y/N):
    2) Fill in all fields and email to gearoidwalshtournament@gmail.com

***N.B. THIS EMAIL MUST COME FROM THE ADDRESS REGISTERED WITH YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AS THIS IS HOW WE WILL CROSS-REFERENCE WHICH ENTRIES HAVE PAID***

Individual registration:

Payment
    1) Log in to you PayPal account
    2) Click "Send Money" in the header
    3) Enter the e-mail address gearoidwalshtournament@gmail.com
    4) Enter €10 in the amount field
    4) Confirm your payment

Registration
    1) Copy and paste the following form into an email.
    Name:
    Mobile Phone:
    Email:
    Paid via PayPal (Y/N):
    2) Fill in all fields and email to gearoidwalshtournament@gmail.com

***N.B. THIS EMAIL MUST COME FROM THE ADDRESS REGISTERED WITH YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AS THIS IS HOW WE WILL CROSS-REFERENCE WHICH ENTRIES HAVE PAID***

If you cannot get access to a PayPal account
    We will be accepting cash on the day, though in the interest of safety and to lessen the administrative burden please do your best to either set up a PayPal account to make the payment or use a friend's, family member's etc. For people looking to pay cash, you will still need to pre-register either your team or as an individual by emailing in the above relevant form(s), simply marking "N" for the "Paid via PayPal" field.

If can't make the tournament but still want to make a donation
    If you wish to make a non participatory donation can I please direct you to this post, with details on the community fund set up by Des.

Finally, can I just say the response so far has been phenomenal, from those looking to play, right down to people looking to participate in another capacity such as reffing, medical care or general donations. I know it's such a cliche, but I really can't stress how much it would mean to get as many people as possible to turn up and play on the day. To that end, if you can think of anyone who can swing their leg at a ball please let them know about this event and urge them to take part. Pester them relentlessly if need be.

If anyone has any further questions or requests, don't hesitate to contact myself, Kroygen or a member of the Mod team.

All the best,

Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sorry one last thing Mods, if you haven't already can you sticky this please and unstick the other threads relating to the tourney?

Thanks a mil,
    Neil.

Other threads:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055724957

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055725907

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thanks for organizing this.

I'll see the Boardeaux lads on Monday, and should have payment in for one or two teams by Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Time for a bump.

Keep the teams coming in folks. Less than two weeks til the tournament.

Took a little longer than I thought, but we've had our first contact from a 419 scammer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,465 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Took a little longer than I thought, but we've had our first contact from a 419 scammer!

They have a team - but need a loan to pay for the travel?

• Advertisement

They have a team - but need a loan to pay for the travel?

See now at least if they'd gone to that effort I'd have been in some way appreciative of their email!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

How many teams have signed up thus far ?

Tusky wrote: »
    How many teams have signed up thus far ?

Only 2 confirmed teams and 1 confirmed individual so far.

got our money, yeah?

Des wrote: »
    got our money, yeah?

I did indeed.

• Advertisement

3 teams and 1 individual now - only a week and a half to go folks!

Neil3030 wrote: »
    3 teams and 1 individual now - only a week and a half to go folks!

Im very surprised by this, seeing as so many people showed interest when it was originally mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

well iam away for the weekend with a lot from the villa forum at the spurs game and most arent back till sunday night. i know there were a few who wanted to play from the villa forum myself included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll have a full team, and will be putting my money through in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Poker Forum definitely have one team anyway, awaiting replies for more.

We'll stick the payments through in the next few days when things are sorted over there.

Cheers Neil.

Is anyone organising a soccer forum team?

I am either playing with a team off boards or with a few of the lads. I am playing tonight so I was planning to make them aware of it then.
    Des wrote: »
    Is anyone organising a soccer forum team?

Nope haven't seen anyone organising it. Frisbee? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Neil, I'll have a team playing next weekend. Just have to sort some money out and throw it into the account. How many teams entered so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I just sent Kryogen a PM this morning. He had said he'd be organising a team from Waterford. If he's not doing that anymore, I'll be looking for another team but I'll definitely be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

how many teams are there now. really pissed off iam missing it oh well cest le vie best of luck to all who takes part :)

• Advertisement

Could the mods maybe use the new announcement system to get more interest in this? Not sure how may have entered, but it would be good to get the extra numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Still spaces left? can organise a team and pay today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dont think I could get a team as Im not guaranteed to go myself,depends on if my own match will be on but last 6 have been called off due to weather.If I wanted to turn up on my own and join a team whats the deal with payment then? I dont have paypal but I could use me mates if needs be.I know you's probably dont want to hold cash on the day.

Sunset V wrote: »
    Still spaces left? can organise a team and pay today.

Yeah theres still space left, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Just wondering how late you lads think this will go on until? Needa make the post tournie arrangements. And book the open top bus of course. :D

Come on lads, get your teams registered, we've only 4 from the boards so far which is very low.
    Could the mods maybe use the new announcement system to get more interest in this? Not sure how may have entered, but it would be good to get the extra numbers.

This would be a great idea, mods would it be possible?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

how many teams in total Neil?

how many teams in total Neil?

So far, probably 10-15 including teams from the area. So plenty of room.

Just registered there. Said i'd pay on the day, as my cc is maxed out at the moment (damn recession). If i manage to pay off some of what i owe on it before the weekend, i'll pay then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

out of curiosity with there being that many teams surely it would be spread out over a period of days?
    also how many "individuals" are there going.i would like to go dont think any friends are interested though.
    finally what size pitches are these games being played on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

That's our team in now. I think we'll only have 5 or 6 players, so we might be able to take one or two players on our team on the day, but I've no idea if we'll have more then this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Best of luck to all involved this weekend, well done to all for the organisation and effort put in too. If i was back in the mainland, I would be there to kick some shins!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Nice tribute to him over in Paris

4121657975_ee126560e2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Only seeing this now, I've posted it on The Huddleboard, I hope that's ok.

Gearoid's picture was put up on the big screen in Celtic Park a couple of weeks ago, I'll post the photo if I can find it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was going to turn up as a spare on the day but I dislocated my Kneecap on Tuesday evening.

Well done to all who are organising and taking part though,

• Advertisement

Remember folks, pics or it didn't happen! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Remember folks, pics or it didn't happen! ;)

I didn't have the composure to take a photo when I was screaming in agony for 3 hours before on the trip to/stay at Beaumont!

My facebook page has all the how are you crap. The knee was almost on the other side of my leg. I hope nobody ever has to go through that.Very scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Only seeing this now, I've posted it on The Huddleboard, I hope that's ok.

Gearoid's picture was put up on the big screen in Celtic Park a couple of weeks ago, I'll post the photo if I can find it...

Still looking for that photo but though I'd also share this from Celtic View (apologies if already posted):

22coye.jpg

noodler wrote: »
    I didn't have the composure to take a photo when I was screaming in agony for 3 hours before on the trip to/stay at Beaumont!

My facebook page has all the how are you crap. The knee was almost on the other side of my leg. I hope nobody ever has to go through that.Very scary.

Sounds nasty. I remember a lad on my team did it at training and we could hear it pop out at the time and his knee was all sideways. Looked at it for a split second and I was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

registered as a single entrant, I'd like to pay cash, credit card is a bit melted after a few things lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I won't be able to make this to watch but can someone maybe video it?

I've had two players pull out, so i'll take on two people who are looking for a team as well. Would love a goalkeeper though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Couldnt get enough numbers from the poker lads.

Can someone give me an estimate as to what time this will finish at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Sounds nasty. I remember a lad on my team did it at training and we could hear it pop out at the time and his knee was all sideways. Looked at it for a split second and I was done.

Lads, I can do better !

Dislocation no.1

Playing footie with the auld fella in Cabinteely Park many many moons ago, middle of the pitch when the leg went one way and i went the other. balloon shaped knee and the groundsman screaming at me asking me what I was doing climbing the tree :confused::confused:

Dislocation no.2

Playing footie in school about 6 months later and tripped over was tackled by a tennis ball :p

Dislocation no.3

Playing footie with the bro and knee popped while chasing an over hit pass
    :o

All this in the space of 13 months, a visit to Cappagh Orthapaedic followed and to top it off my footie team disbanded during the recuperation !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

so thats bandy knees out for the games haha hope the weather isnt terrible
    also is anyone driving from the clondalkin ballyer lucan area that might want to give me a lift haha

I'm assuming the weather isnt going to stop this going ahead, right?

It's very, very stormy out there...is this going ahead?

I presume they are "All Weather" pitches.

Irishtown is a DCC operation, and all DCC offices are closed on a Sunday, according to the phone message I just got.

Where, exactly, is this place?

I just had a call from two of my team mates saying that they aren't gonna make it. They were coming up from Portarlington, but dont want to drive up in these conditions. Its probably more a case of they dont want to play football in these conditions, but thats what they said.

So my 4-man team is down to 2.

• Advertisement
Advertisement