Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gearóid Walsh Memorial 5-Aside, Sunday November 29th, 2009, Irishtown Stadium

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Kiith wrote: »
    I just had a call from two of my team mates saying that they aren't gonna make it. They were coming up from Portarlington, but dont want to drive up in these conditions. Its probably more a case of they dont want to play football in these conditions, but thats what they said.

So my 4-man team is down to 2.

join in with Boardeaux sure, I'm sure we'll have drop outs too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i can imagine we'll end up a few players short too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

our team pulled out so I think I will head down. Anyone need a spare player, Id be happy to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

The pitches are astro turf. Played on them in the pissing rain before and they're grand.

I'll be there representing Boardeaux, hope enough lads avoid the temptation to bitch out due to the weather and show up to make this a success.

Des - just head to the greyhound track and it's nearby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Just want to say Thanks to the organisers and ref's for this.
    Was a good turn out given the weather conditions. Pity we wigan'd it for our first game. Was good fun none the less.

Thanks again to all.

JP

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

I'd like to thank the organisers and refs for the job they did today in atrocious conditions.
    good fun, and nice to see the flag from foot.ie and ybig.ie in attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Doodee wrote: »
    Just want to say Thanks to the organisers and ref's for this.
    Was a good turn out given the weather conditions. Pity we wigan'd it for our first game. Was good fun none the less.

Thanks again to all.

JP

Convinced we would have gone all the way, if it wasn't for the dodgy refereeing decisions ;)

Good fun, terrible weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

indeed thanks to all, was good day out.

Thought we were in with a chance when we were 3-0 up against those liffey lads in the quarters when the ref(ahem) gave a very dodgy penalty and we lost 5-4...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Cheers to all who organised yesterday. Was good craic, and thanks again to the refs, and organisers who made it possible. It was a good turnout considering how crap the weather was. Who won it in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Sorry it's taken me so long to come on here and express my gratitude to everone who turned up last Sunday. Weather made things a little tough but it was a fantastic success I thought. Thanks especially to St. Johns Ambulance and DubMedic, Irishtown stadium, Chris Andrews TD and of course Des, for his reffing excellence ;)

I got this email today off Gary, a friend of Gearoid's who was also involved with organising the tournament:
    Hi Neil –

How are you? To follow on from my text earlier can you please post on Boards.ie how grateful all Gearoid’s close friends and family are with the turn out on Sunday. Apart from the horrendous weather conditions everyone enjoyed the day right down to the referee’s stuck standing in the rain. I have thanked the two I organized can you please thank the third referee for me(once again I forgot his name).

I was blow away that so many would actually turn up and I feel that reflects both on the individuals themselves and Gearoid as a person, as he surrounded himself with genuine decent people..

Many thanks once again for all your hard work and the other people who helped I am still humbled by their generosity and goodwill. Please thank them on my behalf

Advertisement