Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lovely day in Limerick

Options
  • 14-11-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Ok thought I'd post up my idea of a good day in Limerick City and would love to hear yours.

(This is a positive thread please :))

Saturday:

Get into town for about 9.
    Brekkie in the green onion
    Stroll down to the market and buy some yum food-stuffs
    Head up Cruises' Street and buy a lovely choccie (or 3) in Thornton's
    On to William St and do the pinball* charity shop gawk all the way up to the top
    Stroll down Thomas St and have a nice coffee and newspaper
    Go down to the river and look at the ducks 'n' swans
    Go to Dunne's and buy a cheap loaf
    Return to the swans :)
    Head to Mickey Martin's to have coffee/alcohol (if not driving)
    Go to O'Mahoney's and have a good sit and read
    Go somewhere for a nice supper
    Go home happy :)

*by pinball I mean traversing the street to hit the charity shops on both sides according to location, it would be easier to go up one side and down the other but I just love the pinball action:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

I can't top that! but do you mean the wild onion? nom nom!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Well I would enjoy everything you mentioned except visiting the Charity shops because I give them my clothes so instead of buying back my good clothes which I gave away for fre...................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

mud wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Berty wrote: »
    Well I would enjoy everything you mentioned except visiting the Charity shops because I give them my clothes so instead of buying back my good clothes which I gave away for fre...................

the idea is that other people give them clothes too, so you would be buying other peoples clothes, not your own, unless you supply all of limericks charity shops with their stock??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mud wrote: »
    Ok thought I'd post up my idea of a good day in Limerick City and would love to hear yours.

(This is a positive thread please :))

Saturday:

Get into town for about 9.
    Brekkie in the green onion
    Stroll down to the market and buy some yum food-stuffs
    Head up Cruises' Street and buy a lovely choccie (or 3) in Thornton's
    On to William St and do the pinball* charity shop gawk all the way up to the top
    Stroll down Thomas St and have a nice coffee and newspaper
    Return to the swans :)
    Head to Mickey Martin's to have coffee/alcohol (if not driving)
    Go to O'Mahoney's and have a good sit and read
    Go somewhere for a nice supper
    Go home happy :)

*by pinball I mean traversing the street to hit the charity shops on both sides according to location, it would be easier to go up one side and down the other but I just love the pinball action:)

On a dry day, that would be a very chilled and relaxing way to waste a few hours. I love going out to feed the ducks and greylag geese in Newcastle West. I get duck and goose mixedfeed from Haiths.com every now and then, and they go nuts for it and will take it from your hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jekyll

Mud, you should post this on the "Stuff To Do In Limerick" thread - it's gotten a bit negative over there! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I can't top that! but do you mean the wild onion? nom nom!! :D

yes indeed :o am always mixing those two up, d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Jekyll wrote: »
    Mud, you should post this on the "Stuff To Do In Limerick" thread - it's gotten a bit negative over there! :(

probably should have posted it there in the first place but wanted positive replies and you're right, it HAS gone slightly neg over there :)

Advertisement