Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try new races/class combos now!

Options
  • 14-11-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I just read an article on mmowned about a really easy way to change your character looks. All you do is create the race you want, strip them of all there weapons clothes etc. Now go back to the character select screen. Click on the character you plan to play as, then put you mouse over the model you want. Now hold down the left click on the model you want and press enter and release the click at the same time. If it works your model should change when it loads. It may seem useless but you can try out some of the cataclysm races/class combos early.

Here is my tauren paladin :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=96072&stc=1&d=1258215604

Picture 5.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Click on the character you plan to play as, then put you mouse over the model you want. Now hold down the left click on the model you want and press enter and release the click at the same time.

can u explain this aprt a bit more for an idiot like me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'll give this a go this evening. I'm stuck on the same bit as Copeyhagen

1. Create new char, e.g. Dwarf Hunter
    2. Enter World (You'll start in Coldridge Valley)
    3. Sell all weapons and clothing to the nearest Vendor. (on your left as you spawn)
    4. Log out. Back to Character Select screen.
    5. How do I select another class when I'm at this screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Hey sorry that it wasnt clear. You dont have to sell your items just unequip them on the model you want. Go back to the character select screen and press up or down to your main character.

You will see that the character shown on your screen has a yellow bar on his name. If you move your mouse over another name it will also highlight that characters name.

You should now have two characters with yellow bars on their names, the one with the mouse over it is the model you want.

Hold down the left click and try to release it and press enter at the same time. I find that releasing the mouse a millisecond before i press enter works well. Also every time you fail you will have to reload the character model.

Its not specific about which fraction either you use either. Here is an example of my gnome horde paladin. Its client side as well so there is no risk of banning its just a loading bug.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=96315&stc=1&d=1258493189

My favorite so far is tauren rogue
    attachment.php?attachmentid=96316&stc=1&d=1258493719

Advertisement