Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

V (2009) SCI FI

• 14-11-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

I cant locate a thread on this so I thought, I might start one. Im old enough to remember the first series. I liked it because of the whole idea of the aliens parading as attractive human beings while really being slimy lizards. I think there is some Primeval dislike of lizards,particularly their tongues that made the whole thing frightening to watch as a teenager.

So far ,I like the remake. The Blonde cop is a decent actress and not overtly attractive so you can actually focus on what she is saying. Her pursuit of her partner, while covering up her own involvement in his "death" is an interesting storyline-full of pace and suspense. Her son's (I cant recall his name either) involvement with the V is copied from original with just the gender reversed. Lizard or no lizard-I would still date her.:p

The rest of the characterisation is fair to middling. The black guy's story line last week was disappointing-what was point of knocking him out,if he was simply allowed merge back into human society? His resistance associate didn't need that do that,to track down his girlfriend-did he??

I cant recall the original all that much, through the mists of time and alcohol abuse,how much of its story lines are copied?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

No issue with the discussion here, but you'll probably find more life in the V thread here on the Television forum.

Advertisement