Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tá foinse ar ais

• 14-11-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

Thugamar éisteacht, rinneamar foghlaim agus anois táimid ar ais . . . Foinse, nuachtán as an nua agus barr feabhais air!

Beidh sé saor in aisce i bpáirtíocht leis an Irish Independent gach Céadaoin. In Foinse beidh fáil agat ar an nuacht is déanaí maidir le cúrsaí áitiúla, cúrsaí náisiúnta agus idirnáisiúnta, spórt, ceol, cúrsaí faisin agus taisteal.

Beidh forlíontaí nua oideachais do bhunscoileanna agus do scoileanna dara leibhéal ann agus i bhfad níos mó ná sin. Ná déan dearmad gur ar an gCéadaoin a bheidh Foinse istigh le do Irish Independent. Do thír féin, do nuachtán féin, do ‘Foinse’ féin.

Every Wednesday with the Indo. I personnally dislike the Indo, and never got into reading Foinse, hopefully someeone else'll be interested though!

Aon smaointí faoi seo? Faigheann siad thart ar 300,000 Euro chun é seo a foilsiú. An ceart don rialtas ár airgead a caitheamh mar seo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

Hmmmmm.

Irish is back in the Indo more like it - why was the Irish times not chosen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Hmmmmm.

Irish is back in the Indo more like it - why was the Irish times not chosen?

They didn't want it? To be honest I'm not sure, but the Indo would push the 'supplements' a lot more than the times would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

It's great news especially since we are still also getting another Irish newspaper as far as I know.

I'm expecting it to be very different to the old Foinse which concentrated on news within the Gaeltacht regions for the most part. It should be more like Lá Nua and cover the national news more so.

But we do need the other newspaper for the speakers and natives and inhabitants living in the Gaeltachts.

I never used to buy the Indo on Wednesdays but I guess I will be now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

I extremely doubt that they did not want it.

They were much more in support for Irish when the Indo was not and still not, just trying to increase its sales by a few thousand.

Is the other paper going to be printed weekly???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

pog it wrote: »
    It's great news especially since we are still also getting another Irish newspaper as far as I know.

Cad é seo!? :eek: Dhá nuachtán? (Tá Nollaig luath i mbliana!)
    pog it wrote: »
    I'm expecting it to be very different to the old Foinse which concentrated on news within the Gaeltacht regions for the most part. It should be more like Lá Nua and cover the national news more so.

I hope so, I used to enjoy Lá Nua..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

I just read the piece on iGaeilge.wordpress.com about new format of Foinse. It looks exactly like the front page of the Indo itself. And it does look like there will be another newspaper as well and to be honest I am more excited about that. Nuacht7 seems to be the name of the oncoming one.

Hector and Daithí Ó sé will have a column in Foinse it seems. I really really hope that the quality of journalism that was in Foinse is still there and that it is not the kind of average standard of the Independent :( I don't think it is right that these guys are writing in a newspaper unless they can actually write or are giving the reader some useful and interesting information. They are already on TG4 all the time- do we really need them in the weekly newspaper as well??

Anyhoo I'm still looking forward to seeing it when it comes out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pops

Heard that it's the Indo as it's a FF paper and O' Céidigh is in with the lads and hoping to run for them in the next election. Only an unconfirmed rumour though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 staryplough

hi folks, i'm from tyrone and i bought the indo yesterday just for foinse, and to my dismay it was not in it. any one else have the same problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Múinteoir

pops wrote: »
    Heard that it's the Indo as it's a FF paper and O' Céidigh is in with the lads and hoping to run for them in the next election. Only an unconfirmed rumour though!!

A rumour on the internet? Stop the presses!

Advertisement