Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

field shelter/single stable

Options
  • 14-11-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost me to get someone to build me a 12x12 wooden stable of field shelter for the coming winter. I've just lost my livery, but have my own land, just no sheds. I'm not looking for anything fancy, because i'll be putting up a barn in the summer. I just need something to get me by this winter.The prices i've seen on website's seem very expensive.:eek: Please help..Munster region :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

you might get something built at the right price if you know any carpenters out of work at the moment and aswell as that when your shed is built in the summer it could still be of use. i made an 8x8 shed recently and the materials were along the lines of 450 - 550 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Lulubell, have a look at this link.Very easy and cheap to make.....
    http://summerville-novascotia.com/PalletShed/:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭lulubell

that looks like a great idea, but was planning on putting a gate at the front and keeping him in at night. Would it be strong enough, to hold him in.??? Looks like he could kick it down if he wanted to!!!:rolleyes::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

lulubell wrote: »
    that looks like a great idea, but was planning on putting a gate at the front and keeping him in at night. Would it be strong enough, to hold him in.??? Looks like he could kick it down if he wanted to!!!:rolleyes::confused:

Then line it inside with 8ft x 4ft formwork grade plywood last time I bought them they were about 15 euro a sheet. They are the cheapest grade of plywood that is used for setting out the shapes of poured concrete foundations but they are cheap and strong enough for what you need, if necessary use them doubled up. Obviously set on the longest edge as 4ft is probably all the height you need.

>Edit Sorry should have said shuttering grade plywood.

Advertisement