Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping 19mth old amused in Dublin on Sun/Mon

Options
  • 14-11-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Just need some advice on how to keep my 19mth old amused in Dublin over Sunday and Monday next? If it's fine we'll probably head to the zoo even though I always think spring is better as all the little baby animals are after being born but if it keeps her happy... anyway all ideas appreciated. Likewise we will probably head to Stephens Green to feed the duckies.... When I lived up in Dublin I was single and keeping myself amused seemed much easier, but DD wouldn't appreciate shopping in BTs as much as I do! Also going maternity shopping so if you have spotted any upcoming sales please do let me know. I'm only 6 weeks and I feel like I have a litter in there because I feel so huge. Up one dress size and already they are tight! Thanks all.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Twins :O????

Stephens Green and a trip on the Luas maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Twins :O????

Fortune tellers (2 separate ones!) did say to both myself and the hubby that the second pregnancy would result in twins! But I'd say not. The morning sickness has been fairly normal and I'd be in bits if it was twins! Oo even the thought of it gets me tired!

The Luas is a great idea. I'll have to get a day pass because "again" is one of her favourite words :) By the way does anyone here know if the kylemore cafe is still going? ~they used to do the best chicken curries and cheap as chips.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Fortune tellers (2 separate ones!) did say to both myself and the hubby that the second pregnancy would result in twins! But I'd say not. The morning sickness has been fairly normal and I'd be in bits if it was twins! Oo even the thought of it gets me tired!

The Luas is a great idea. I'll have to get a day pass because "again" is one of her favourite words :) By the way does anyone here know if the kylemore cafe is still going? ~they used to do the best chicken curries and cheap as chips.:D

Kylemore on O'Connell Street is still going strong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've got a 16 month old and I can vouch for the Luas.

He just sits there rapt, looking at the window and pointing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

There are 2 baby tigers and a baby elephant in the zoo.
    Not newborns, but still small and cute :)

(been to the zoo this sunday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hey Ebmma!We were there on Sunday too! We saw the baby tigers. Very cute! We were a bit late leaving the house and stopped for lunch along the way (from Kerry) so we hit the zoo at 3pm only to be told it was closing at 4pm. A lovely experience, marred for me I must say at about 3.45 when I saw an awful man roaring at and threatening a little boy called Simon of about 6 yrs of age with his fist (like he really meant it) and poor little Simon reacted like he knew exactly what it meant. The Dad looked psychotic and I had to wonder what kind of life that little fella has. I spent our last 15 minutes there in an awful state. The dad legged it because he noticed I had seen him and he was gone before I could point him out to the security. Im not even sure that they could have done anything anyway.

On Monday we fed the ducks in Stephens green. DD seemed to enjoy this much better and there was much giggling until she wanted to jump in and swim with them (she's a big swimmer!). Definitely much more enjoyable, cheaper and stress free. We dined like kings in the Kylemore and she ate them out of house and home. We would love to have stayed till Tuesday night for the switching on of the Christmas lights outside BTs, but I have a business to run, so we are thinking of going back up in a few weeks before Christmas.

Advertisement