Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying Pagan arguments?

Options
  • 14-11-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

I started a thread here on what pagan arguments annoy people. If there is some pagan argument you regularly hear that annoys you or if you can rebut some of the common complaints please post there. I trust the godless heathen *atheists will remain civil so please do not take this as an insult.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

cavedave wrote: »
    I started a thread here on what pagan arguments annoy people. If there is some pagan argument you regularly hear that annoys you or if you can rebut some of the common complaints please post there. I trust the godless heathens will remain civil so please do not take this as an insult.
    By claiming pagans are godless you are insulting, pagans do believe in Gods so your comment is contradictory. Religious intolerance annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Vagante

Well the very common misconception that paginism means being Godless or somehow backward.It couldnt be farther from the truth-some pagan traditions are really lovely especially the Samhain festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

I for one am appalled by the Christianisation of Yule...

I did not mean to imply pagans were godless. My understanding of paganism is that it believes in many gods. The "godless heathens" i was referring to were the atheists where the conversation is hopefully taking place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Heathen, rather than pagan, is also the generally prefered term for Asatruar, and we have plenty of Gods (and Goddesses for that matter) too :)

Advertisement