Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fear

Options
  • 14-11-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

... of relegation.

I find myself already concerned with the prospect. The teams in my league dwarf me with their super CSRs, yet I don't have the cash to buy in any new blood. I was hoping to avoid 8th place, but of course I never bothered reading the documentation and now even if I scrape into 6th place I'll still have a relegation battle at the end of the season.

Anyone else in such a situation? I've been logged into blackout for a few hours now trying to figure stuff out but I'm coming up against brick wall after brick wall.

But but but I don't wanna go back to Div IV! :(

:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Pick the games you think you can win with ltnt. 3 or 4 wins will be enough for 6th place. Play all others wnwim. Dont be tempted to give them a lash. Make sure you have full ltnt for playoffs as hopefully you will meet a team with only 60% and you will have home advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I might be in a similar situation at the end, although i think i should be able to take 4th spot if i pick my battles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Ah wouldnt worry about it - I am going to try to get 5th place as then hopefully get a weaker team in playoffs! :D

but picked up my first win today... so far my plan is working... one win and three losses... the first loss stil grates as I forgot and hence didnt pick team or tactics etc and lost 9-7 :( could have been a win which would have set me up nicely.

but i agree... would be very depressing to get relegated again as DIV IV would be no challange and would get boring and I think team development would be stunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

When I read the title, I assumed this thread was to be about my teams... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Orizio wrote: »
    When I read the title, I assumed this thread was to be about my teams... :confused:

Hah, a bit maybe... my despair came about as Bogwarriors got destroyed today by a team I hoped to sneak a win against. Since they're comparable to your lads in the rankings etc, well, if the mighty Bogwarriors are getting a significant hiding (fair enough they may have had a 2nd string WNWIM team out) well, I wonder at my chances.

• Advertisement

Hah, a bit maybe... my despair came about as Bogwarriors got destroyed today by a team I hoped to sneak a win against. Since they're comparable to your lads in the rankings etc, well, if the mighty Bogwarriors are getting a significant hiding (fair enough they may have had a 2nd string WNWIM team out) well, I wonder at my chances.

I wouldn't worry to much about Bogwarriors Frankie, they're a pack of pussies and their coach is a bandwagoner. :pac:

I wouldn't worry to much about Bogwarriors Frankie, they're a pack of pussies and their coach is a bandwagoner. :pac:

That IS what's written in the local mens room, yes, but til now I just thought it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

jprender wrote: »
    Pick the games you think you can win with ltnt. 3 or 4 wins will be enough for 6th place. Play all others wnwim. Dont be tempted to give them a lash. Make sure you have full ltnt for playoffs as hopefully you will meet a team with only 60% and you will have home advantage.

Is 3 or 4 wins usually enogh to avoid the bottom 2? My season has gone to plan so far (and somewhat suprisingly) with 3 wins out of 4 but I'm a little worried that the plan will fall apart soon as I've being punching above my weight.

My aim is 5th (4th when I get a bit over-entusiastic) but I'm worried about people all of a sudden thinking my team are better than they are and getting LTNT'd by teams who mightn't have bothered before.

Hopefully this is just roughly quarter/third season panic but if I was offered 6th (which you predicted for my team jp) I'd take it.

Oh and on the note above I've enjoyed the Div III summaries jp :)

mar-z wrote: »
    as have I, hurry up and get to division III..14!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Thanks Lads,

I am so busy at the moment that the plan is for just 2 leagues per week. 14 is a long way away yet !! You should be good for 6th or 5th at a push though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

mar-z wrote: »

Yes I agree, except I was notched for relegation with a 7th position finish.:rolleyes:
    Currently in 5th.

jprender wrote: »
    Thanks Lads,

I am so busy at the moment that the plan is for just 2 leagues per week. 14 is a long way away yet !! You should be good for 6th or 5th at a push though ;)

2 leagues per week... so will the season be over before me!? :(............ but I am aiming for 5th... top four is a bit too far of a stretch yet..getting academy up and running now is this seasons goal (along with avoiding relegation!!)

but work away on them reviews...good reading!

eoferrall wrote: »
    2 leagues per week... so will the season be over before me!? :(............ but I am aiming for 5th... top four is a bit too far of a stretch yet..getting academy up and running now is this seasons goal (along with avoiding relegation!!)

but work away on them reviews...good reading!

I'm honestly impressed that ye lads can afford the 50k a week for the academy. Even stripped down to 28 men I was making maybe 2k profit a week.
    Before you go into the academy thang do you sit down and work out your expected earnings for the year and then see if it covers the 50k or do you feel you need more weekly cashflow than just match revenue etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm honestly impressed that ye lads can afford the 50k a week for the academy. Even stripped down to 28 men I was making maybe 2k profit a week.
    Before you go into the academy thang do you sit down and work out your expected earnings for the year and then see if it covers the 50k or do you feel you need more weekly cashflow than just match revenue etc?
    I started spending on the academy in week 7 of last season. To do so required spending NOTHING all of last season (except a stadium expansion with the playoff money), and will not allow me to spend significantly this season either.

The way i saw it, I could get the academy or L3 trainers. Since the academy takes so long to produce results (at least 1 1/2 seasons before you can start pulling) I decided to get cracking on it asap - hopefully, the coaches will just be arriving as the talent is coming out of the academy.

Dave, WNWIM tomorrow. ;)

Dave, WNWIM tomorrow. ;)
    No arguments here!

I started spending on the academy in week 7 of last season. To do so required spending NOTHING all of last season (except a stadium expansion with the playoff money), and will not allow me to spend significantly this season either.

The way i saw it, I could get the academy or L3 trainers. Since the academy takes so long to produce results (at least 1 1/2 seasons before you can start pulling) I decided to get cracking on it asap - hopefully, the coaches will just be arriving as the talent is coming out of the academy.

yup same with me, it got to a point were i do not wish to pay >100k for the type of young player required for my team so decided was time to start investing. With the academy i have a small profit, on average over say two weeks (home&away league) i will have around 10k left so nothing significant. that is been hoarded to expand again and also go towards L3 trainers (have facilities ready2come online line). of course this depends on me filling stadium each week which i have done so far, but my members satisfaction has fallen a bit due to the nice run of losses i have been on recently!:(

Cool, so I'm not completely lost in the financial world. I was afriad ye had big academies and were rolling in cash too. Must say I'm also quite pissed off with the transfer market at the moment... there's actually no way I can afford to buy big time CSR players and to be honest I don't think most of them are worth it, prices are madly inflated.

Must say I'm also quite pissed off with the transfer market at the moment... there's actually no way I can afford to buy big time CSR players and to be honest I don't think most of them are worth it, prices are madly inflated.
    I dunno frankie. An academy costs 800k per season, and nets maybe one really top class players (if you're lucky), and another few useful players. The rest are pretty much useless. I think it stands to reason that the market will make useful players pretty expensive, and serious talent very expensive.

yes but you can sell each player you pull which reduces the costs a bit further..i have sold my pulls for 5-10k the las few weeks. before I increased my expediture above 5k and also kept two and sold a different two players. I think it is better vaule in academy as you can play them in a couple before selling them so can have rolling subs and far greater choice in players (and your not outbid while asleep!)

• Advertisement

Well maybe I've come at this all wrong... what sort of CSR is good for a 17 year old? I know CSR isn't everything, infact I've found it pretty unreliable as a judge, but **** France just scored...
    ... anyhows, eh... sorry... um ...
    Yeah... 12,000csr 17 year old, decent stats for intended position etc, is he really worth 160,000 of my dollarydoos? Just using a recent example I came across and had to back out from the bidding war.
    Completely unrelated... handballing cnuts!

Well maybe I've come at this all wrong... what sort of CSR is good for a 17 year old? I know CSR isn't everything, infact I've found it pretty unreliable as a judge, but **** France just scored...
    ... anyhows, eh... sorry... um ...
    Yeah... 12,000csr 17 year old, decent stats for intended position etc, is he really worth 160,000 of my dollarydoos? Just using a recent example I came across and had to back out from the bidding war.
    Completely unrelated... handballing cnuts!

Depends on his stats as well, his weight/height and non-trainable attributes make a big difference to his price. Also, the price of players in the transfer market is evidently inflated right now, although we'll only now vif this is true in a month or two.

P.S.= Any further reference to soccer on this forum will result in an automatic banning. ;)

Apologies.

Though I did decide early to look at my cup match rather than the footie :D

I might put some money aside for a big investment or two. I think Div 3 is kinda past the stage of getting away with buying players for less than 20,000 dollarydoos.

Advertisement