Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint Syrup

Options
  • 14-11-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Does anyone know where to get Mint Syrup as a mixer in Dublin?

I need it to make Perroquet - Pastis or Pernod, mint syrup, water and ice. Great drink.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Never heard of it :confused, although that's not saying much really.
    The Celtic Whiskey Shop have a large selection of syrups but not sure if they have a mint one. Try Redmonds in Ranelagh, their number's in the book .

Would that be something like the Marie Brizard creme de menthe? If so you can get it in dunnes/tesco and most offies.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanf

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Never heard of it :confused, although that's not saying much really.
    The Celtic Whiskey Shop have a large selection of syrups but not sure if they have a mint one. Try Redmonds in Ranelagh, their number's in the book .

I'll check both out, thanks.

Would that be something like the Marie Brizard creme de menthe? If so you can get it in dunnes/tesco and most offies.

No, it's not alcoholic. Possibly a French thing, I've seen it listed as 'Sirop de Menthe' online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Silenus

The Celtic whiskey shop do have a mint syrup in the form of mojito mixer. I think the brand is Teichne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I seen mint cordial in that offlicense in rathmines. It might do the job, as allways I can't remember the name... :/

Silenus wrote: »
    The Celtic whiskey shop do have a mint syrup in the form of mojito mixer. I think the brand is Teichne.

I popped into the Celtic Whiskey shop. The Mojito mixer has lime and what have you as well as the mint so I don't think that's suitable for my needs. They do however have the Mint Syrup I wanted for €4.99. The brand is 'Teisseire' so not too far off there Silenus.

Thanks to all, I'll be relaxing tonight with a minty French cocktail :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I might get some of that mint syrup for my mojitos actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Just make a sugar syrup and add mint leaves when it's cooling. It'll taste more minty if you leave it for a day or two before you use it.

Advertisement