Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halfords winscreen repair kit

• 15-11-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭

Anybody try one of these DIY its? Their suppose to use the same technique autoglass use etc. I got 2 chips to fix on one of my cars and I am being quoted over e-100 to have them fixed however this kit is selling for 44.99 and I can't go wrong if it works alright.... What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Haven't used the kit but I was just going to suggest you suss out if you have windscreen cover on your insurance policy. This cover normally covers chip repair too & claiming for glass usually has no effect on no claims bonus.

The one comment I will make on this kit, or indeed any kit: a kit is only as good as the person using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I've had a chip professionally repaired. It's perfectly flat to the touch, but still very visible, and not satisfatory (it's straight in front of the passenger's face). If I get another chip I think I'll claim a new windscreen. If you have windscreen cover you can claim chip repair from the insurance in many cases (check first).

Hold Alt Gr (to the right of space bar) and press 4 to get the euro (€) symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,676 ✭✭✭mondeo

I don't have windscreen cover I checked with the insurance this morning, I thought I did or at least thought it was standard on every insurance policy these days..

JHMEG wrote: »
    I've had a chip professionally repaired. It's perfectly flat to the touch, but still very visible, and not satisfatory (it's straight in front of the passenger's face). If I get another chip I think I'll claim a new windscreen. If you have windscreen cover you can claim chip repair from the insurance in many cases (check first).

Hold Alt Gr (to the right of space bar) and press 4 to get the euro (€) symbol.

My father had autoglass do his windscreen 2 years ago and the crack was still visible and re appeared months later...

Thanks for the tip €

Just a little update on this.. I did this repair this morning myself and it turned out surprisingly well other then the fact that from an extreme angle the crack is still visible but from a front point of view it is as good as gone..
    How can one explain that?

• Advertisement
Advertisement