Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs welcoming home their soldier owners

Options
  • 15-11-2009 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to share this with y'all on here cos figured you might appreciate it (and apologies if it's been posted before)... It's a bit 'american' and some of you may be irked by the anthropomorphous use of 'daddy', but I still found the videos on this blog really touching :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

thats lovely,,,,,,the two beagles were brilliant.:D:D
    such a lovely way to know you've been missed.
    that last clip had me in tears though,,,very emotional:)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Thar was lovely. In tears for the last one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Aaaw that is so sweet :) cried for the daddys coming home to their kids :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭whitser

is there any clips of afghans and iraqi pets waiting on the owners to come home????there must be about 200,000 afghan and iraqi pets still awaiting the owners happy retuern:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Oh whitser, I didn't post this in the Politics thread... :rolleyes:

I am no fan of the US military, nor a supporter of the invasion of either iraq or afghanistan, but I really like dogs. How about leaving the politics out of this and just seeing it as something sweet?

(Though if you do wanna be smart-arsey about it, you should know that most muslims believe it's against islam to keep pet dogs)

To everyone else, glad you liked, perhaps I should have given a warning on the 'NSFW' tear-jerking ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A great thread, thanks for posting
    Especially the first video "Ah she's crying"

As for those beagles, talk about a wall of noise!
    whitser wrote: »
    is there any clips of afghans and iraqi pets waiting on the owners to come home????there must be about 200,000 afghan and iraqi pets still awaiting the owners happy retuern:rolleyes:

If you can find similar videos I'll thank you for that no problem
    Otherwise politics forum is datta way >>>>>>>>>

fair enough:D

Oh whitser, I didn't post this in the Politics thread... :rolleyes:

I am no fan of the US military, nor a supporter of the invasion of either iraq or afghanistan, but I really like dogs. How about leaving the politics out of this and just seeing it as something sweet?

(Though if you do wanna be smart-arsey about it, you should know that most muslims believe it's against islam to keep pet dogs)

To everyone else, glad you liked, perhaps I should have given a warning on the 'NSFW' tear-jerking ;)
    altough actually your wrong about muslims keeping dogs. salukis and sloughis are kept and worked by muslims in muslim countries. muslims just dont keep mongrel pets! in fact osama bin ladin is said to be fond of hunting with hawks and salukis on his free time. salukis and sloughis are worked in saudi arabia by sunni princes and even by nomads in the deserts of lybia and morocoo etc...

fair enough:D
    this aint a politics thread. comments withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

altough actually your wrong about muslims keeping dogs. salukis and sloughis are kept and worked by muslims in muslim countries. ... salukis and sloughis are worked in saudi arabia by sunni princes and even by nomads in the deserts of lybia and morocoo etc...

Yup, that's why I said pet dogs.

Aye aye aye, I really didn't mean to sidetrack this thread, which I thought was just a series of nice videos of dogs and their owners which dog-lovers would enjoy.

Since you bring up the issue, though, I think you should understand a little better. If they are strictly following Islamic teachings (and granted not all do!), Muslims can keep working dogs, but not pet dogs. This is partially because the Quran states that dogs are unclean. You can read more about the specifics of what is and isn't permissible under Sharia and other teachings here.

Being preachy when you're ill-informed is rather annoying, whitser. Posting your comments but then adding 'withdrawn' only suggests a passive aggressive streak. Do you have more friends who might enjoy this over on the politics thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i believe islam states that black dogs are devils,on my browsing i came across a article that talked about a american general who took two english bulldogs with him an the d-day landings.

Yup, that's why I said pet dogs.

Aye aye aye, I really didn't mean to sidetrack this thread, which I thought was just a series of nice videos of dogs and their owners which dog-lovers would enjoy.

Since you bring up the issue, though, I think you should understand a little better. If they are strictly following Islamic teachings (and granted not all do!), Muslims can keep working dogs, but not pet dogs. This is partially because the Quran states that dogs are unclean. You can read more about the specifics of what is and isn't permissible under Sharia and other teachings here.

Being preachy when you're ill-informed is rather annoying, whitser. Posting your comments but then adding 'withdrawn' only suggests a passive aggressive streak. Do you have more friends who might enjoy this over on the politics thread?
    dogs are said to be unclean but salukis are seemed to be exempt from that.strict saudi muslims will keep salukis. they are looked on as a pure clean breed. also take a chill pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

That's brilliant, thanks for sharing :)

Advertisement