Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elektron Monomachine vs Machinedrum

Options
  • 15-11-2009 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I'm considering buying one of these machines to get me away from the computer for a while. I'm aware of the basic differences between the 2 but has anyone any experiences or tips about which one to buy?

At the moment I'm edging towards the Monomachine as it seems more versatile and has slightly better sequencing capabilities from what I've read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

What you want is the machindrum uw - load your own samples into it etc, it has limited memory but can give you some amazing results, monomachine is impressive and its a toss up between that and the machinedrum(non uw) - what do you want a synth or drum machine? Where is with the uw you can load samples into it (bassline or whatever) ideally the uw and the monomachine work great together but if i had the choice which i did its the uw all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Thanks Empirix, I agree- I reckon the UW will complement my setup (a couple of synths and loads of software) better than the Monomachine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Be aware that the machinedrum has a serious timing issue. It's somewhere in this blog, shortly after this post. I think the workaround was to do the patterns, solo each track when recording into cubase/logic, and then quantisise in-DAW.

http://www.analogindustries.com/blog/entry.jsp?msgid=1180135503906&page=2#replies

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

Thanks for the info. Just ordered a Machinedrum SPS-1 UW MKII. Should arrive on Monday. Looking forward to switching the computer off for a while.

Advertisement