Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryan O Gorman Motorpoint Ltd (good or bad)?

• 15-11-2009 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Is this company reputable? do they sell duds, do they rip clients off? have you had a good experience buying a second hand vehicle from them?

Cheers

Iriver

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Anyone who decides to post opinion here - the ususal "rules" apply.
    Personal, verifyable experience only. No mate's of mate's advice, no rumours etc.

Thx

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

AFAIK there's one in Bray and one in Belgard, which one are you referring to? My bro in law bought his car in the bray one and it's grand, he was very happy with it. They gave him a decent trade in on his old piece of crap punto too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 RyanAer

My understanding is that they moved from Bray to the new premises over the summer. I've had no direct dealings with them but a friend bought off them 2 years ago and had no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

There was a thread a while ago that gave a far less than satisfactory impression of them. I know I wouldn't touch them after reading that poster's experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 RyanAer

Yikes, well OP I guess the usual rules that the lads on here raise apply. Bring someone who knows there way around a car, check the history by calling the garages and walk away if anything at all just doesn't feel quite right. Eyes open!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bi

VolvoMan wrote: »
    There was a thread a while ago that gave a far less than satisfactory impression of them. I know I wouldn't touch them after reading that poster's experience.

Volvoman...The issue that was raised on boards recently was a one sided argument posted without the full facts,In hindsight i should have given my side of the story which unfortunately came down to a clash of personallity between our salesperson and a customers relative...a case of two people rubbing each other up the wrong way. As a dealer we should have handled this in a more professional manner. As the saying goes "the customer is always right" but sometimes it is difficult to bite your tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bi

Toots* wrote: »
    AFAIK there's one in Bray and one in Belgard, which one are you referring to? My bro in law bought his car in the bray one and it's grand, he was very happy with it. They gave him a decent trade in on his old piece of crap punto too.

Hi...We (Ryan 0'Gorman Motorpoint) have moved to a new 50 car indoor showroom in Cookstown Indrustial Estate in tallaght and closed our garage in bray....thanks for input

Advertisement