Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie drunk food!!

• 15-11-2009 3:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Okay, might jsut be because I am rather a drunk face, but what do ye, my fellow veggies eat when drunk? I usually go for chips, but crave other things. Do ye go home and throw on a few Quorn rashers? Do ye do what I sometimes in my foolish money-splurging drunkness do, and get a cheeseburger with all the trimings, minus the burger? :P

Tell me all!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i've taken to the quick fix once home. there are veggie choice burgers, great with the trimmings in toast or pitta bread. recently i've been going for waffles though. stick it in the oven while changing out of evening wear etc. and it's done in perfect time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

quesadilla with loads of guacamole....hmmmmmmmm

Falafel in Babylon or Sultan on Georges st.
    Nyom nyom Nyom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

m&s potato cakes fried in chilli oil... be sure not to set off the smoke alarm and wake housemates though... oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Tortillia, salsa, kidney/mixed beans, unhealthy amount of cheese

• Advertisement

m&s potato cakes fried in chilli oil... be sure not to set off the smoke alarm and wake housemates though... oops!

Potato cakes? :confused:
    What are these like? Farly or rosti like?

My grandaunt make the best potato cakes ever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

garlic cheese chips, pizza, fried egg sandwiches lol..

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Potato cakes? :confused:
    What are these like? Farly or rosti like?

My grandaunt make the best potato cakes ever.

I love potato cakes! They're the champ farls... ace fried!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Chips, cheese and garlic, the best drunk food ever!
    Oooh I want some now.

I love potato cakes! They're the champ farls... ace fried!

Dear god how I have lived without knowing MandS did these! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    Chips, cheese and garlic, the best drunk food ever!
    Oooh I want some now.

I had my first ones recently, I'm addicted now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I love chips, I love garlic, but haven't combined them...hmm I know what I'll be having on my next night out :)

LOVE falafel but there's none here in middle-of-nowhere-land, and in Cork I'm at the other end of town to wander to that place on Castle Street. <<insert sad face here>> In Berlin I think over 1 weekend I ate 5 falafel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I learned how to make falafel today. wasn't very falafely though. missing something.

Anyway, I crave chips with loads of S&V on bread with mayo, ketchup and onion. Sometimes cheese too. Of course while the oven is on i may as well throw in a few quorn nuggets too....

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Dear god how I have lived without knowing MandS did these! :eek:

I know, i've never looked back.. get the m&s chili and garlic dipping oil while you're at it. So so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I had my first ones recently, I'm addicted now!
    I remember my friend bought some and kept going on about how great they were. I thought they looked disgusting but he made me try one...and since then, wow.

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    I remember my friend bought some and kept going on about how great they were. I thought they looked disgusting but he made me try one...and since then, wow.

Welcome to my world.
    We had to get a side with our pizza like a month ago, so I grudgingly allowed garlic cheese chips(sounds ew right), wow! :-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Note for chipper:

Veggie kebabs are often just salad or they don't have them. Ask the guy working there to use a chopped up veggie burger instead of meat in a kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Instant noodles with a salted peanuts thrown in, or toast with lots of something savoury on it. Or a good aul veggie burger is hard to beat.

I once came home and cooked a pot of pasta with a made-from-scratch bean, tomato and chilli sauce (for FOUR people) and I was deeee-runk. My friends claim that they were concerned by the fact that I was chopping onions at high speed and throwing them into hot oil whilst talking and hiccuping, but didn't want to jinx it by warning me to be careful. In other words they were hungry and didn't care if I cut a finger off :pac:

gOT GARLIC CHEESE CIPS TWICE TONIGHT! :DD

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Back in the day when i worked in Abrakebabra, Veg kebabs were the veggie drunk food of the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

i do love to go for chinese...

Chips, rice and Black bean sauce..... oh god, the local chinese i eat the rice plain its that good.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Mmmm noodles!

And cheese on toast. Or if we've no bread in the house, cheese on crackers.

But definitely noodles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

most proper kebab shops do really nice veggie kebabs - either with stuff like lettuce, cabbage, onion, jalapenos, tomatoes, cucumber and salsa/garlic sauce in them, or with the added option of a veggie burger or falafels. YUM!

or there's lots of choice from a chinese / indian.

or chips, onion rings... pizza from Hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Baked potato, sour cream, fresh chives, can of 7up = heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

The chinese I went to the other night put beef in my singapore noodles the other night, I was completely distraught...

Anyway, my drunky/munchies food has to be cheese doritos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

Definitely second the falafel in Sultan. It's amazing!!! I didn't notice anyone saying Burger King Veggie Bean Burger which they have finally made veggie!!!! I ate it for a long time without reading the small print. So yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

che81 wrote: »
    Definitely second the falafel in Sultan. It's amazing!!! I didn't notice anyone saying Burger King Veggie Bean Burger which they have finally made veggie!!!! I ate it for a long time without reading the small print. So yummy.

What was the small print? I thought they were always veggie society approved? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Has to be chips and something! Chips and onion rings is one of my favs! :)

Oooh a fellow whiskey devil, jameson 19e in tesco atm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 VeGeek

It's funny to see people, who try to develop healthier diet and give up meat, but still use booze. Alcohol is a poison, there's no doubt about it. Besides think about the amount of CO2 and liquid waste emitted by breweries and distilleries if you care about the environment.

Advertisement