Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a UK bank account?

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭

Can it be done from Ireland?

I might be getting a job over there and would like to have it open before I move over with a little bit of money in it to start off with...

Would bank of Ireland UK be able to do this for me as Im a member of there bank here..

Cheers for the help

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's been discussed before here and the consensus was to ring some of the branches in NI (i.e. Bank of Ireland in your case), get an appointment to see them, take a trip up there and open an account with them using your Republic of Ireland details - you'll then have a UK bank account. Useful things to have will be all the relevant documentation, and possibly a reference from your branch here.

Obviously this might be a bit easier using BOI there if you're a customer here - but it doesn't nessecarily restrict you to only using BOI. You just have to explain your situation (when calling) and find an amenable branch.

You won't be the first, and probably won't be the last person to do it :)

Advertisement