Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from poker. No reason. Just told to **** off

Options
  • 15-11-2009 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Got this message from the mod luckylloyd. I think its because im English that he banned me. I would like to see 1 post quoted from all my posts where i was trolling. I have pmd him telling him his moderating skills are disgusting if this is what he does.

Hi CRK88,

You have been banned from Poker for the following duration:

Permanent

for the following reason:

Trolling. **** off.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after Permanent.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He was trolling. He can **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 CRK88

^^Quote one post where i trolled please. And below i have quoted an example of his posting skills.

Originally Posted by CRK88 viewpost.gif
    Best boxing match ive seen for a long long time.

he then said:

You're permabanned from this forum now. Stick your posts up your gash.

I know a lot about football. His posts about the Irish football team and English Premiership in the immediate aftermath of a galling defeat for Irish football fans can be characterized as one of two things:

- ignorance
    - stupidity

Given their timing and their nature, I am very comfortable with my subjective assessment of them as belonging in the latter category.

Every day, on football forums all across the Internet (including boards.ie). ****ing muppets log on with the sole purpose of riling up and pissing off others for their own entertainment. They take ridiculous and obviously incorrect positions to force an emotional reaction from other posters, then hide behind lies that "oh it was only my honest opinion". Such rubbish will not be allowed on the poker forum.

You're done, bye.

I believe he banned me for this post which i made after the Irish match. I cant post in soccer yet and that thread is for posting anything. Some of the posters there agreed with me. He obviously came back after watching a lack-luster irish team lose and decided to abuse his mod powers. I want my ban lifted.

This is the post he is being biased towards: I guess the truth hurts.

Irish soccer fans and media are hilarious. They build up all the hype that you actually have a shot against world class teams when the thruth is you have none. France were poor tonight and still eased a win.

I look foward to all the papers doing the same about the return leg. They will fill your hearts with hope even tho you have none. Will easily be 2 or 3 nil to France at the stade de france. I agree you got screwed over in the seeding thing but had you made it to SA you would not have got past the group stages.

Look foward to seeing all the hype build up for 2012 euro's where your hearts will of course be crushed again no doubt. Be interesting to see who the manager is. Trapp will probably be sacked even tho we all know it's nothing to do with the manager. The reson you will never do anything in the next few years is because your team is full of average players. It really shows how far you are behind world football when not one of your starting 11 would make it into the England team.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Such rubbish will not be allowed on the poker forum.

You're done, bye.

So you agree to let the admins read through the other tripe that's in there and ban anyone with a worse post than mine? If so then i find that acceptable as there will be a lot of bans. I made a comment about the match/team in general. I wasen't rude, offensive in anyway and it certainly was not trolling. It was the truth and it hurt your drunken feelings.

Point is you banned me because your in a crappy mood. Dont abuse your modding powers. I look foward to posting in there again in the morning when i wake up to find my ban lifted.

• Advertisement

This is really simple:

- the idea that any team has "no chance" in a game of football is grossly incorrect. And if anyone watched the game tonight, they would realize that Ireland certainly gave themselves a chance of winning;

- Shay Given would start for England at present;

I make these points not to further any football debate with the OP of this thread, but simply to explain how his post is blatant trolling. If boards.ie had a colour forum and I went in and left a post arguing that Mauve was really Purple I would be trolling.

- the idea that any team has "no chance" in a game of football is grossly incorrect. And if anyone watched the game tonight, they would realize that Ireland certainly gave themselves a chance of winning

100% correct. I was giving an opinion just like anyone is entitled to do.
    - Shay Given would start for England at present

Again this is your opinion. For you to say this is fact and 100% would happen is ridiculous. Also when did i even say he wouldnt make the team. I was talking about the players. When talking about how a team played im not even thinking about the keeper. So your pretty much putting words in my mouth.

If i was trolling i would have continued on winding and winding and making comments to really dig into the irish fans. I did not do this. The topic moved on to European football and we had a disscussion about that. I did not bring up the irish match again. I then made 1 comment bout the boxing match being brilliant and you banned me.

Sorry lloyd but if theres any justice then this ban will not stand. I want it lifted and if this is the way things are handled in poker then a look at the mods is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok guys, cool it - both of you.

I am not familiar with Soccer, Poker or the Irish Soccer team, so I am going to ask the Category Moderators to have a look over this first.

So can I ask both of you to hold off for the time being until third-part gets to look at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tom Dunne, Lloyd, CRK88 and any other interested parties - In my catching up with the BBV posts from last night this morning I had intended on banning CRK88 for trolling also.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Tom Dunne, Lloyd, CRK88 and any other interested parties - In my catching up with the BBV posts from last night this morning I had intended on banning CRK88 for trolling also.

Another mod with a chip on his shoulder i see. And still no posts from the mods showing where i trolled. hmmm. I await for my ban to be lifted.

• Advertisement

CRK88 wrote: »
    I wasen't rude, offensive in anyway and it certainly was not trolling.

I'll cut to the chase here - in my opinion, you were trolling.
    This is the post he is being biased towards: I guess the truth hurts.
    <snip>

As I said, I know nothing about soccer, I have no interest in the team and how it does, plus I know nothing about the Poker forum, but that post is quite inflammatory. In short, trolling.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He was trolling. He can **** off.

Not helping matters at all with an attitude like that.
    KevIRL wrote: »
    I had intended on banning CRK88 for trolling also.

And I would agree with the ban.
    Another mod with a chip on his shoulder i see. And still no posts from the mods showing where i trolled. hmmm. I await for my ban to be lifted.

Not helping your cause here, the ban stands as far as I am concerned.

No way should this ban be permanent. Thats a disgrace if it is. It WAS NOT TROLLING. It was an opinion.

He tells me to stick my posts up my gash and gets nothing?

I want a higher up admin to look at this please. I havent been rude to anyone and i have not trolled.

No way should this ban be permanent. Thats a disgrace if it is. It WAS NOT TROLLING. It was an opinion.

That was your opinion. In my opinion, and the opinion of the mods, it was trolling.
    He tells me to stick my posts up my gash and gets nothing?

He has received an infraction for his comments.
    I want a higher up admin to look at this please. I havent been rude to anyone and i have not trolled.

There is no higher up admin. You have trolled, however I am prepared to reduce your ban to a month in light of the circumstances in which it was given.

Next time it will be permanent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement