Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nimbuzz on N97 - SIP/VOIP FUP exceeded

• 15-11-2009 7:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently set up SIP/VOIP on my n97 (lovin it :)), was using it via the 'contacts menu' with a brand new 'justvoip' account and all was good i.e 'free' calls to landlines were free :). I started using it with Nimbuzz and Fring.

When using Fring I am NOT charged for SIP calls to landlines by justvoip, but when using Nimbuzz in exactly the same way, justvoip ARE charging my account for 'free' landline calls stating I am exceeding their 'fair usage policy' :mad: (I've only had a account for 2 days and made >10 mins of calls)

Has anyone had similar experiences, or can someone explain why two apparently almost identical applications, can yield different costs. Is it due to the fact that Nimbuzz offer their own VOIP discount call service.?

Cheers

Mr Woods

Advertisement