Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Supermacs last night.

Options
  • 15-11-2009 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

The Tesco one, that is. pretty extensive damage, it should be closed for quite a while. nobody hurt, it was late enough when it broke out.

Comments

Bit mad, will take a stroll down later and have a look.. Since it's like 100 yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Bit mad, will take a stroll down later and have a look.. Since it's like 100 yards away.

Pics if possible please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

That's their only drive thru one too isn't it?? That'll hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Any word on how it started?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

Any word on how it started?

chip pan, apparently. but don't quote me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

chip pan, apparently. but don't quote me.

I just did. What you gonna do about it?:pac:

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

Average-Ro wrote: »
    I just did. What you gonna do about it?:pac:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I've only been inside the place once or twice... depressing relic of early 90s decor filled with misbehaving children and harassed looking parents.

*shudder*

In short, that fire did more good than harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Xiney wrote: »
    I've only been inside the place once or twice... depressing relic of early 90s decor filled with misbehaving children and harassed looking parents.

*shudder*

And where were you when this fire broke out ?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

Mam???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

supermacs at night is a wonder to behold. around midnight on a saturday night you can order your food, choose a good seat and a fight will break out somewhere in the place.
    i noticed the guards were actually in the place one night, waiting for something to kick off. they used to always be outside.

*shudder*

the decor is a bit tacky alright. macdonalds on shop street looks more refined, but i don't think the night crowd really care either way.
    i would to love to know hwere they buy their lights. they must be 2,000 watts.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

Kurst Burger then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

passed by there earlier today, pretty sure was open so doubt much damage.

Doubt they'd close that one as that's still owned by the man himself and mainly kiddies in it (unlikely they'd be going to subway instead) but they could really do with a facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I've heard that whole complex on the Headford road is set to get a major overhaul in a few years so nothing there is gonna get a real face-lift till that is all taken care of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I've heard that whole complex on the Headford road is set to get a major overhaul in a few years so nothing there is gonna get a real face-lift till that is all taken care of

Ya it definitely needs it!

133370210_be8b35b477.jpg

galway shopping centre has always looked a bit dead. they wanted to build another storey to it, but i think they got turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Fuinseog wrote: »
    i would to love to know hwere they buy their lights. they must be 2,000 watts.

required for the legendary "Supermacs lights test"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

passed by there earlier today, pretty sure was open so doubt much damage.

Doubt they'd close that one as that's still owned by the man himself and mainly kiddies in it (unlikely they'd be going to subway instead) but they could really do with a facelift.

It was open yesterday, but "upstair" is closed "until further notice"...

• Advertisement
Advertisement