Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals on new Billpay phones

• 15-11-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭

Back a couple of years ago, I was studying in the UK.

All of the phone shops/websites over there had all these great deals when you signed a 12-month contract phone. You'd get a great phone for free, and you might get an Ipod, or an Xbox as a gift for signing up.

I'm @ contract renewal now, and just wondering if any shops(bricks n mortar or online) offer anything like this?

So just wondering if anywhere in Eire offers little incentives with the contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

slightly off topic. My son is moving to The UK for seven months, next week. I want to get him a mobile phone so he can text cheaply.

he has a Meteor, which can receive calls free on the t mobile network. but his 20 euro per month which gets him free texts is not much use.
    i regularly see ads in the Uk press for great deals but have not taken any info in.

is there a UK network , from whom he can buy /get a new phone which stands out in value, or is it six of one and half dozen of another.

he wants to text cheaply to ireland and to phone Uk colleagues

regards ,Rugbyman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

rugbyman wrote: »
    slightly off topic. My son is moving to The UK for seven months, next week. I want to get him a mobile phone so he can text cheaply.

he has a Meteor, which can receive calls free on the t mobile network. but his 20 euro per month which gets him free texts is not much use.
    i regularly see ads in the Uk press for great deals but have not taken any info in.

is there a UK network , from whom he can buy /get a new phone which stands out in value, or is it six of one and half dozen of another.

he wants to text cheaply to ireland and to phone Uk colleagues

regards ,Rugbyman

3 have 3LikeHome. Basically if he has a 3 Ireland phone and he is roaming on 3UK rates are the same as here.

Advertisement