Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Nano - who's got the cheapest prices?

• 15-11-2009 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good price on an iPod Nano for an xmas pressie. Most places I've checked are selling them for €139 for an 8GB. Currys are doing a "UK VAT" deal at the moment and will sell the 8GB Nano for €134. Can I do better elsewhere - driving up north to save €20 on the Nano's price would be a little futile when petrol is taken into account.

Most places on the web won't ship electronics to Ireland (at least the last time I checked) and I'd be dubious about buying one on ebay as I've been stung before when items turned out to be fakes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Apple have uniform pricing so realy, you're going to find every shop charging the same.
    True, it's cheaper due to VAT in NI but we're only talking a few pounds here

Since it's a present, why not get it engraved with the person's name?
    It's free if you order from www.apple.ie

I don't think you'll find anywhere cheaper then €139 but the engraving is a nice touch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Amazon.co.uk will deliver to Ireland (at least I went as far as I could in the checkout without actually having to buy it)

It was coming up at £111.79 for a black 8Gb Nano when the higher Irish VAT rate was applied and you get free super saver delivery. That should be about €129 if you pay in GBP and get the better rate on the FX.

Not a huge saving but €10 better in your pocket none the less and no travel.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Wait until 27th November (Black Friday) - best price will be from apple.com direct. Free engraving too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

Hi, this could be a bit risky as it is for a pressie but my friend bought a refurbed nano 8gb from apple.com and it was like 90 euro or somthing but remember it is refurb..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SueL

livEwirE wrote: »
    Wait until 27th November (Black Friday) - best price will be from apple.com direct. Free engraving too!

what's this? ;) and will they ship to Ireland?

Just tried to buy one from apple.com but it wouldnt accept any address other than a US one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

SueL wrote: »
    what's this? ;) and will they ship to Ireland?

Just tried to buy one from apple.com but it wouldnt accept any address other than a US one.

http://store.apple.com/ie?afid=p202|GOIEE100557748&cid=OAS-EMEA-KWG-IRL_General-IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I got a flyer today in my office from Musgraves, selling an 8GB Nano for 109.99. Seems like a great price if true....ah - just spotted the catch....excludes VAT. So VAT @ 21.5% = 24, which brings the price up to 134...hmmm, no longer as attractive....I think thats dodgy advertsing myself.....shame on you Musgraves! - you must be taking a leaf from Ryanair's book!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭Soarer

To be fair to Musgraves, they're a trade supplier, so displaying their prices to the trade ex. VAT makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 scorpion05

i bought 8GB nano from apple site last friday (black friday sale) for €128 and free delivery and you can get the device engraved with a message. delivery only took 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 scan

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/Ipod_touch_nano/cmr1_cmp554_cm.html

Ipod nano is €117, plus postage is €12.90 = €129.90 in total - saves €10 over apple.ie, unless you think getting it engraved is worth a tenner.

Advertisement