Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch of GIY Monaghan

Options
  • 15-11-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

A friend is launching this on Monday 30th November 2009 at 7.30pm in The Market House, Monaghan. It's a not-for-profit voluntary organisation to encourage people to grow their own food.

See www.giyireland.com for details

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

great initiative

maybe your friend would like to come on here, answer some questions give some advice etc etc for the users of the forum.

if they do, get them to drop us a PM and we'll have a chat

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

hi yorky

wondering how the GIY went in monaghan. Thinking of starting a cavan group

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

The group wasnt very well advertised, i would of went, but im only finding out about this now....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

hi yorky

Thanks

It went well - over 60 attendees. Apparently there was someone from Cavan there that night but no-one has formed a group there as yet. It would be good if you did form one as there are few in the North East.
    The group wasnt very well advertised, i would of went, but im only finding out about this now....

Have made enquiries about this and it was publicised in:

The Northern Standard ( three weeks)
    Northern Sound Radio
    All RC parish bulletins
    Posters in all public buildings
    Promoted by MCC Community & Enterprise

Not sure what further publicity could have been made....

If you're interested I can pass on your contact details to the organiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Yorky wrote: »
    Have made enquiries about this and it was publicised in:

The Northern Standard ( three weeks)
    Northern Sound Radio
    All RC parish bulletins
    Posters in all public buildings
    Promoted by MCC Community & Enterprise

Not sure what further publicity could have been made....

If you're interested I can pass on your contact details to the organiser

Its quite odd that i havent noticed any ads then so :eek:....i have to get the plot of land ready, which will more than likely be spring when i get a start on that, definitely would have an interest in joining come summer !

• Advertisement

Its quite odd that i havent noticed any ads then so :eek:....i have to get the plot of land ready, which will more than likely be spring when i get a start on that, definitely would have an interest in joining come summer !

Why not join now, acquire some knowledge/skills and build the organisation? Come spring you'd then be better equipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm in GIY Waterford since earlier in the year. I've learnt so much from it and started growing veg this summer. I've now got 4 hens in my city garden and my family and mindees are all enjoying the eggs and veg.

Were any of you at the launch of GIY Ireland in September?

It's a great way for making new friends and I've found everyone so helpful especially all the support and knowledge from the more experienced gardeners.

hi yorky

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. It was attended by over 60 people and there isn't a group in Cavan that I know of yet. Have you taken it any further?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭enol

hi yorky

Thanks

Hi niallwalsh, I'd be interested in the Cavan GIY group if you get it going? thanks:)

Advertisement