Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using a pda or a smartphone with a monitor

• 15-11-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Does this work? Does it need a special monitor?
    Does it work as well with a modern TV and can I work away on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Questions questions questions.

Answer: yes. No. Maybe!

You gotta be more specific.

What do you want to do?
    What phone/pda?

A few smartphones have tv out function, where you can see the phone's screen on, yes, your tv's screen!
    There are apps for s60 and win mobile where you can connect your phone to pc and see screen on pc's monitor and work away.

The iphone lets you watch its screen on tv.

But all have shortcomings/limits!

MyMobile for winmo e.g. Will NOT show videos on the pc's screen. You can use browser, word etc, but not the mediaplayer...

So, give us an idea what you want and how you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭geordief

thanks very much for that information.

Well I don't want be be too specific but I am glad that this is possible -even with various differing limitations.
    When I get a better idea of what I am actually going to purchase (to work on my wireless LAN setup) then I will check out more closely what I can get it to do for me and how exactly it will combine with the PC I have already (and the TV that I might be getting as well)

Advertisement