Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spot the difference: WIN7 PRO LICSENSE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

Right, i think i have it.
    in case anyone is wondering

the "licesnse and media" :
    is only meant to be bought by people who are commercially building a computer for a third person who is not related to them.
    It can be installed on one computer only. a motherboard change will requiere a new licsense!
    no support is offered for this version by microsoft.
    you cannot switch between 32/64 bit.

The Other two are regual retail versions
    one european, (without Internet Explorer, thanks to overpaid EU bereaucrats with little else to do). the other for RestOfWorld.
    i dont know why the price difference...

The "licence and media" version is an OEM version and is only intended to be sold with a new PC. The reason it's cheaper is that Microsoft don't support it, it's up to your computer manufacturer to provide support. Also, as you said, it's permanently tied to the motherboard on that PC.

Wasn't the Windows 7 E release scrapped though? :confused:

Advertisement