Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK GEM Interviews

Options
  • 15-11-2009 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Yet another thread on the road to med :D

I received an Email from the University of Nottingham, stating that it is likely that I will be called for an interview in March-April

Has anyone any experience of this? As always any advice is hugely appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

liberal wrote: »
    Yet another thread on the road to med :D

I received an Email from the University of Nottingham, stating that it is likely that I will be called for an interview in March-April

Has anyone any experience of this? As always any advice is hugely appreciated
    i'd be a little interested in more stuff about the UK GEM too, i heard the fees is alot less, and umm how likely are you to get a place if you get called for an interview? any numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

i'd be a little interested in more stuff about the UK GEM too, i heard the fees is alot less, and umm how likely are you to get a place if you get called for an interview? any numbers?

There's a great site called Medical Schools Online: http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=1

That has pretty much everything you could possibly want to know about doing medicine in the UK, different medical schools, different routes in to medicine, it has a great forum as well etc. It's a really useful site, I'd recommend having a good look around it! You may find this page particularly useful: http://www.medschoolsonline.co.uk/index.php?pageid=11

The only thing I'd say is stop worrying about stats etc. All you can worry about is yourself. I think if people start thinking 'Oh I have a 50% chance of getting in A, I can put less effort into this than than B where I only have a 12% chance!' at least subconsciencely! Pick the medical schools you think you'd like and fit in rather than based on some numbers which fluctuate year to year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Pleo

Try griffiths interveiw guide.

Advertisement