Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in dublin

Options
  • 15-11-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

was in dublin yesterday 5 quid for a dry cut some cork hairdressers should take notice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I wish my Dublin landlord would take notice of Cork rent.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Why should they?

Dublin barbers get more business in that type of place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

I wish Cork publicans would take notice that I can buy a pint for €2 in Dublin on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Greater Dublin pop. 1.2 million

Greater Cork pop. 250,000

Of course a hair cut is going to be cheaper in Dublin as there are more people, therefore more hair salons and more competition. You cant really blame the Cork hair dressers for charging more than their Dublin counterparts.

grenache wrote: »

Of course a hair cut is going to be cheaper in Dublin as there are more people, therefore more hair salons and more competition. You cant really blame the Cork hair dressers for charging more than their Dublin counterparts.

Why is rent more expensive in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Some people will defend high prices all the time. Very noticable on the ripoff forum.

Things cost more in dublin than cork and you will get people saying that is correct as rent costs more in dublin.

Things are cheaper in dublin and some people will say that is because of the larger population.

The logic above re more people therefore more salons therefore more competition therefore cheaper is really flawed.

Anyway, generally it costs a lot more than a fiver for a dry-cut in dublin...you managed to find a cheap place there OP.

Those Caspian barbers are quite cheap everywhere. There is a place like that on Camden Street, Dublin which probably charges about €5 on Mons & Tues, something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

grenache wrote: »

That's not how these things work. Often on the contrary, major capital cities tend to be more expensive, higher salaries, higher living costs, higher haircut costs. The cheapest haircut I've ever had was in a village in West Cork. By your logic, it should be the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Check out the "all you can eat thread" in the Dublin forum. There are some deals to be got in Dublin lately... Amazing value. But I think it's all balanced out by the more expensive places. The thing is you have too look for value in Dublin, seek it out...

Advertisement