Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anbody Got Meteor Mobile?

Options
  • 15-11-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anybody has meteor mobile broadband up here. I currently have 3 mobile bb but its very often slow. My girlfriend was in buying a phone the other day and the saleswoman was telling her that Meteor have 97% coverage now in County Donegal.I was thinking of changing so said i would ask ye all first if ye would recommend it. I use mine for my laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Think that salesman doesn't know what he's talking about. Yes Meteor does have 97% coverage in Donegal, but thats on a 2g network, not a 3g network required for Broadband. So Meteor broadband probably will work up here, but it'll be at dial-up speeds.
    I think they are planning to make their broadband available everywhere but not for a while.

I've heard terrible reports on 3BB, i use O2 and its not too bad, but it really just depends on where you are and what the signal strength is in that area. You can buy any of the mobile BB products, try it out for 7 days and return it if the speed isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i have Meteor broadband going full wack here outside donegal town , its just as fast if not better than my eircom broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

i have Meteor broadband going full wack here outside donegal town , its just as fast if not better than my eircom broadband

Didn't realise that, their coverage maps shows Letterkenny is covered but no where else in Donegal, and when i tried in Letterkenny last week it wasn't a 3G signal. What kind of speeds are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I have meteor broadband, i live just outside newtown, on letterkenny side, dont get 3g coverage, here im told they are installing a new mast in between newtown and st johnson that is going to cover from newtown to st.johnson/bridgend/burt i duno how far the reach of these masts are but 200yards down the road from my house iget 3g coverage, from the letterkenny mast (12 miles away) fairly annoying i must admit. it might reach as far as buncranna but id doubt it, but then again if there are putting a mast down here surely one will be going up in buncranna shortly too.

Advertisement