Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When average house price is €150k

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Gurgle wrote: »
    ;)

Make a killing.

Sell to the mob.

Get the same mob to bail them back out.

Far from stupid. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Maserati23 wrote: »
    Hi and sorry to intervene in this thread, you people seem much more informed than myself, I have a little question.

I got ill about 6 years ago I was in marketing at the time., sold a nice house for 380.000 back in 2004. paid 50.000 owed to clear all debts, moved down the country to a village on a river, me being the only "Dub" moved back up in 2007. Since then have been renting, I just recently got disability pension and house rental allowance.

Built a Mansion of a house in Thailand for 120.000 , in 2006 Hence not much money left.

My question is do you think Nama via the government will house myself and family in the near future? re the oversupply of empty units?

I just dont know will I stay here and wait, I am on the housing list 2 years. I think I could transfer my pension overseas , but not in conjuction with a house in Dublin.

If I have invaded this thread off topic , if you find it so, delete no problem.,
    P.S. maybe I might be put down to the lad with the hand out to the government, their is such people like myself that cannot work again. I did pay all my taxes etc. up until being sick, (pancreas).

Anyhow appreciate any replies much appreciated.

You could sell the Thai Mansion and use the proceeds to fund your own lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

@ Maserati23

If the pension could be transfer oversees (which i would have though possible) i'd be living in Thailand in a heartbeat, and not hopping for some shoebox in Dublin.

If/when the councils start buying off the NAMA books, you can bet it'll be the most undesirable properties made available to them first. And i dont expect the huge oversupply will be bought up by local councils in any great numbers, they just dont have the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Gurgle wrote: »
    Unemployment rate has stopped rising, it peaked in august/september '09 and has fallen slightly since.
    http://www.cso.ie/statistics/sasunemprates.htm

Hate to have told you so but its nothing to boast about. They are saying this morning that unemployment has risen to 12.7%.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0203/1224263660305.html

Advertisement