Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Galway - Morning - Infrared

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

stunning Mark
    Thanks a mil to yourself and Mike, this morning was great. I did not get a single keeper (not a one!) but I learned a lot and enjoyed emensely.

I particularly like 4 and 5. The angle of the building and then the line of the path as it draws you in. The ruin is a little lost in the bg though, maybe its better in the original, Love to see one taken closer to the building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

For me, the focus was more about the road than it was about the house. Journey/destination. The closer shots don't convey the menace that I feel in approaching that spooky old house up on the hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I'm well impressed, a fresh approach from yourself I think, very different to your norm, I hope you enjoyed the cold! For me I think I lean towards 2 and 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

I'm well impressed, a fresh approach from yourself I think, very different to your norm, I hope you enjoyed the cold! For me I think I lean towards 2 and 3

I think you'll find that it's more like back to his old self. Fenster is the IR man (with Darren) around here. You'll even find a tutorial he posted here on how to do it.

Jaysis Danny, way to interrupt a fellow as he's basking in the glow of a well-worded compliment! :p

• Advertisement

Sorry :p

We really must meet up sometime so that I can learn how to do one properly. Got the filter but haven't given it a proper go yet. Hope all is ok ;)

I'm unemployed, so my schedule is free. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

Valentia wrote: »
    I think you'll find that it's more like back to his old self. Fenster is the IR man (with Darren) around here. You'll even find a tutorial he posted here on how to do it.

been meaning to have a look at IR for a while and seen as it was mentioned I can't seem to find the tutorial, just wondering how it all works? Like what sort of kit do you need?

tullie wrote: »
    been meaning to have a look at IR for a while and seen as it was mentioned I can't seem to find the tutorial, just wondering how it all works? Like what sort of kit do you need?

Jere ya go : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53189921&postcount=20

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tullie

cheers, I was under the impression that you had to modify the camera in some way, cool might give it a shot some time soon so.

• Advertisement

lol he may be the IR man but I'm the one with no memory so I cant recall further than 2 weeks ago....

Fenster glad you think its well worded, I dont often get that;)

lol he may be the IR man but I'm the one with no memory so I cant recall further than 2 weeks ago....

Fenster glad you think its well worded, I dont often get that;)

Ah your memory isn't to fault as I've only really turned out one major piece in the area since 2007.

Oh thats lovely, i think youve just given me somethig to play with that I never paid attention to before, this will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Great day or should I say morning. I take two cameras, a selection of glass, a tripod and I walk away with a massive total of zero shots hahahaha

It was just good to see Mark again and to meet Kieran for the first time.

Already the improvement begins Kieran as you went out & had another go which is really vital to getting better - well done matey!!

Advertisement