Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe: Photoshop v. Fireworks

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Now, I haven't got the slightest clue what the difference is between the 2.

I've used Adobe Fireworks for years, I never touch Photoshop cause, i dno, i just don't lol.

Does anyone, who has used both programs, tell me the exact differences between Adobe Fireworks & Adobe Photoshop? Cause' I'm wondering if there's stuff I can do on Photoshop, that I can't do on Fireworks.

I use Fireworks to make logos
    Here's a couple of examples;
    gamercfc700x700.jpg
    gamercfc6.jpg
    gearsofwar2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Fireworks is primarily for web design work.
    Photoshop is primarily for much broader photo editing. Everything from digital photography, graphic design to even analytical analysis. You have much, much more control over the data in your images such as colour and luminance data.

Fireworks started out as a competitor to Imageready, which was part of Photoshop.
    This let you put together your animated GIFs and slices etc and layer your various images.

You can do many similar thing is both programs but Photoshop can do more.

Advertisement