Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripping Dvd's for use in Final Cut

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi

Is there a straightforward way to rip a Dvd so that I can edit it in FCP?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

Cheers after ripping the Dvd how do i convert it?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

mac the ripper to rip the dvd..
    mpegstreamclip to convert to quicktime for FCP

mpegstreamclip will do both! you can even set mark in and out points before you rip.

You shouldnt need to convert it. just rip it to the format you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 charleocoyle

if you use mac the ripper to convert it.
    its pretty simple to use

• Advertisement

What kind of files do I need to convert it to so that FCP will allow me to work with it?

That depends on what your sequence settings are in FC. Best thing is to match the clip settings to your sequence settings.

Sequence settings are Dv pal 48khz

grand. well also check the aspect and field order. Then rip your clip to that same setting. Could make it a DV or avi or mov.

Otherwise if you are using FCP 6, you could just convert to whatever and when you bring into the sequene it will ask do you want to change sequence settings to match clip settings.

creativecow.net is a good forum to search for answers to these type of questions.

Advertisement