Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best Scone

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

hey people, im a major scone lover and just wondering have ye any tips on where to find the best in the city? i'm likin to Crawford art gallery ones but looking for some other spots too .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

i like a place in ballinlough called joup. they have a place in the english market too and id presume the scones are just as good there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Again in the English Market they have great scones in the cafe upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Centra in Victoria Cross.

Seriously, they're freshly made every weekday morning IIRC. Makes Vic Cross a bit more bearable anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

mags345 wrote: »
    hey people, im a major scone lover and just wondering have ye any tips on where to find the best in the city? i'm likin to Crawford art gallery ones but looking for some other spots too .

Luigi Malones (surprisingly). Everything else there is crap though, including the coffee. Their scones are great though, €3.95 for a scone + tea/coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I wouldn't normally recommend a franchise chain but the Centra at Curraheen have excellent scones, both plain and fruit. They are freshly baked every morning and are fairly large and damn tasty with some [real] butter and a touch of Raspberry jam..nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

oh, actually if you want to step it up a notch you could head out to the Sheraton Fota Island, you can get a basket of freshly baked scones and some other things like croissants. Now I thought it was fairly pricey until I saw what came out, plenty of really tasty treats and the scones were top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I think the scones in Cafe Gusto on Washington St are lovely. Good value too.
    If I'm looking for a nice scone then by default I would head there.
    But like yourself, I'm a scone lover and will try out people's suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Am I the only person in Cork that doesn't like scones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Bill-e wrote: »

Nope...hate the feckin things!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Bill-e wrote: »

Hate them 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I wouldn't normally recommend a franchise chain but the Centra at Curraheen have excellent scones, both plain and fruit. They are freshly baked every morning and are fairly large and damn tasty with some [real] butter and a touch of Raspberry jam..nice.

+1 They are delicious!

Advertisement