Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS 70-291 and 293

Options
  • 15-11-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

A question for the MCSEs.

Is it sensible to do the 70-291 and 70-293 networking exams at the same time?

I did a course for the 293 through work recently, and was told that it's necessary to know the 291 stuff before going for the 293. It seems like there's a pretty big overlap between the two so it seems to make sense to do them together, but I don't want to kill myself or end up failing them both either.

I did a networking module in college so have some knowledge, but don't work with it often so would pretty rusty.

Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

I'd take them separately.

The stuff in 291 isnt actually too difficult, but the question base is huge (something like 800+ questions AFAIK) so you really need to know it inside out when taking it.

I failed it at the first attempt, its the only certification exam Iv'e ever taken that I didn't get first time round :(

Advertisement