Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defective Samsung Jet

• 15-11-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

I bought a Samsung Jet in Carphone Warehouse UK a few months ago. Phone started to turn on and off every few seconds and now it won't turn on at all. I can't even load the 'download mode' to flash it.

Any chance I can return it to CPW Ireland or would it have to be returned to the exact shop I bought it from?

Not really sure what my rights are here so any advice at all would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can bring it to any CPW to get it sent for repair. They wont give you a new handset without trying a repair first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Ah right. Well thats good.

Does it matter that i updated the firmware a few weeks back? That doesn't void the warranty or anything does it?

Ah right. Well thats good.

Does it matter that i updated the firmware a few weeks back? That doesn't void the warranty or anything does it?

No, you will be fine

So just need the UK receipts and CPW will send it off for repair, and if they cant fix it they'll replace it?

So just need the UK receipts and CPW will send it off for repair, and if they cant fix it they'll replace it?

Its nothing really to do with carphone warehouse, you can go to any shop and they should send it for you. You can even send it away yourself if you want to MPRC, fonemenders or another place. You wont even need the receipt. The jet isn't old enough to be out of warranty yet.

• Advertisement

Is the repair paid for by CPW or coming out of my pocket?

Samsung will be paying for it. It wont cost you anything unless the person repairing it feels you damaged it. Only thing CPW pay for is the courier to take it to the repair guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

CPW pay that

Ah right.. good stuff. Cheers lads!

Think i'll just drop it into fonemenders tomorrow. Hopefully they're a decent company.

Just to update this. CPW Ireland wouldnt take the phone back..said they had a different system to that of the UK and i'd have to bring it back to a UK shop.

So I had to drop the phone into fonemenders in the GPO arcade. If they can't repair it I suppose i'll have to make a trip up to Newry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

fonemenders will repair or replace it.

Just to update this. CPW Ireland wouldnt take the phone back..said they had a different system to that of the UK and i'd have to bring it back to a UK shop.

So I had to drop the phone into fonemenders in the GPO arcade. If they can't repair it I suppose i'll have to make a trip up to Newry

You didn't need to mention the UK at all ;) Its nothing to do with cpw at all ireland or uk really.

Advertisement