Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane McMahon has meeting with UFC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Does this have to do with Rampage hosting Monday night Raw lasting?

from facebook:

UFC Undisputed (Official) A-Team + WWE + UFC = Quinton "Rampage" Jackson hosting Monday Night Raw and awesome cross-brand promotion that should burst your excitement levels if you like any good form of sports entertainment. Showstopper, watch it tonight!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Does this have to do with Rampage hosting Monday night Raw lasting?

from facebook:

UFC Undisputed (Official) A-Team + WWE + UFC = Quinton "Rampage" Jackson hosting Monday Night Raw and awesome cross-brand promotion that should burst your excitement levels if you like any good form of sports entertainment. Showstopper, watch it tonight!

Nah, more to do with promoting the movie. Rampage was in a load of silly skits with the likes of Jerry Lawler (his childhood fav), Roddy Piper and Dusty Rhodes. Nothing worth seeking out though. On a sidenote anyone who is or was a Pro Wrestling fan should watch the last twenty minutes of Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

DeVore wrote: »
    but the difficult-to-remove-stink might be that of "hey, you know what.... we could make a lot more money if we rigged these fights to lend some more soap opera to the whole thing".
    Its bad enough as it is with the smack talk before fights and the curious decisions and weird losses (BJ Penn, you listening to me?? :) )

Thats my only concern.... the devil comes as the angel of light!

DeV.

Was that not a possible argument against having "fake" guys like Brock in MMA?

MMA and UFC really don't need to fix fights. As someone said it's the build up that sells. Some of UFC's biggest fights like Couture vs. Liddell or Tito vs. Shamrock may as well have been fixed, the rematches I mean, as the outcomes seemed fairly obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was that not a possible argument against having "fake" guys like Brock in MMA?

MMA and UFC really don't need to fix fights. As someone said it's the build up that sells. Some of UFC's biggest fights like Couture vs. Liddell or Tito vs. Shamrock may as well have been fixed, the rematches I mean, as the outcomes seemed fairly obvious.

Nice one, Surely a contender for most ludicrous post of 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

scudzilla wrote: »
    I just meant that by the third fight of each series it was kind of a foregone conclusion how they would turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

scudzilla wrote: »

There has been far worse on here, the dude has a point. No one paid to see Shamrock/Ortiz III for the athletic contest, did they?

Advertisement